Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Bayonets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spike Bayonets for the No.4 Rifle.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spike Bayonets for the No.4 Rifle.
    Posted: September 16 2007 at 12:27pm
A few Spike Bayonets for the No.4 Series Rifles. Bayonet on the left is a No.4 Mk.II* with plastic scabbard and Indian-made frog, next on the left is a Savage-made bayonet with US made "Victory Plastics" Scabbard. The next two are both Canadian No.4 Mk.II Bayonets made by Long Branch, one is in a Canadian-made Pattern-1937 Frog and the other is in a Post-WWII Frog (I think it is the Pattern-1951, not 100%sure). The bayonet on the far right is a No.4 Mk.III Bayonet, the Scabbard is in a Pattern-1944 Bayonet Frog.
Mark
The .303" Cartridge, Helping Englishmen express their emotions since 1888.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 12:37pm
Nice collection
Tymber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tymber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 11:03pm
Cool ! .....very interesting collection
...i gotta get some frogs....
The bayo on the far right is the Mk111 . " I think " the Mk111's were the last of the No4 spikes variations.
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 2:01pm
I do believe you are correct about the No.4 Mk.III Bayonet being the last of the spike bayonets.

As for bayonet frogs, that is one thing you can never have too many of...LOL. I buy them whenever I see one for a decent price.
Mark
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 6:37am
no4 mkIII is the last spike , nice collection you have accumulated , well covered in both spikes and scabords , with the added frogs to finish it off , congrats
Tymber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tymber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 6:44am
No4 Mk1 Singer cruciform
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 11:39am
Lucky...LOL. I want one too!...LOL.

Back to the topic of bayonet frogs. I just ordered a reproduction Pattern-1908 Bayonet Frog from Lawrance Ordance in Sydney, Australia. It was $10 (Australian) converted to US with postage it was just under $16 (U.S.). This is my first part of any webbing from the Great War, original or reproduction.
Mark
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 2:45pm
Lawrance is a prick Angry

Pity he is about the only person over here that sells surplus rifles.
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 1:04pm
I have heard both good and bad about Lawrence Ordnance. So far my impression is that he is all right. As long as I get my frog...I'll be happy...LOL. I will comment when I get the frog, which should be around two weeks to get it over the Pacific and across the North American continent.
Mark
Enfield trader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 8:21pm
Here is a few of mine ...... can't have tooo many !

Tymber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tymber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 11:13am
 I couldn't find a frog locally , even if it croaked.
Seems like everytime I place an order , i forget.

Lewisham Engineering Mkll*
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 11:29am
Nice.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 12:23pm
The parcel with the reproduction Pattern-1908 Bayonet Frog I ordered from Lawrance Ordnance was here when I returned from Charlestown, S.C. tonight. I was impressed, it is well made, decently priced, and was quick to arrive from Australia to the other side of the US.

I put the Pattern-1907 Bayonet that I salvaged a few years back on the frog. I will post a photo in a bit.
Mark
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2007 at 11:33am
so they will ship to the US ? what limitations are there ? i need a cheek piece and one of those ausie bolo-bayos , and .............
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2007 at 10:51am
Yes, they shipped to the U.S. with no problem...but remember what I ordered was a piece of canvas webbing. Not sure about the other items. The bayonet frog was $10 (Australian), shipping was around $6-7ish (Australian), I think all in all it came out to around $15-ish (U.S.), which I though was a fairly good deal. It took about two weeks in all to get here.
Mark
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 8:19am
thank you , you helped me with a thing i needed , i appreciate it and owe you one ,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic