Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Re-enacting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

re-enactor's gear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: re-enactor's gear
    Posted: March 06 2008 at 4:34am
Since we seem to have some members here interested in re-enacting..Is there anyone (besides me) that does U.S Civil war?(1861-65)
After almost 30 years I'm lookin to "powder down" as it were-& have alot of primo/choice stuff up for grabs.
Lemme know if theres any interest.
(Got a GREAT Tuscaloosa uniform-cherry/hardly ever used,in the lot)
Oh & NO!! Your NOT getting my musket!!(never know when them Yankees might try agin!!Hafta wup 'em all over agin!!)
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 7:46am
Well Hoadie, I've been a CW reenactor, but I'm one of the guys you've been shooting AT.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 7:56am
Hmmph! Those people in blue union suits-with bullet proof underware!! Well,sorry bout your luck,boyo. If'n y'all hadda listened bout the ultimatum over ole Abe-y'all wouldn't a lost the damn war!!
& just in case ur figgerin on tryin it agin-I bin keepin my musket & stockpilin minnie balls!
Hoadie
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 8:42am
Hoadie PM me a list of items.

CM
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 12:38pm
List aint complete,mate.But there is a good deal of stuff.Tuscaloosa Reb uniform-Cherry!used 1 or 2 X,lined,spina'd buttons(cant get them anymore),adjustable lined kepi(hard to get them anymore,too!)Primo material-outstanding example of a uniform!, 2 sets cookin irons,used-if @ all-1 or 2 X, A(wedge)tent-cherry, women's outfits unused or used ONCE.Hoops,boots,gowns,handbags,dresses,bonnets(still in box-unused,pricetag still attached,unopened period patterns,wool cape.The list is still growing
Hoadie-@ the end of an era
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 8:19am
Hoadie, that linen underwear of mine isn't bulletproof. It doesn't have to be if you never hit.
LOL
BTW, what's with all the women's period clothing?
That how you avoided those minie balls?
Ying%20Yang
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 11:23am
Minie balls? Hoadie????
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 1:38pm
I wonder if Mrs Hoadie can or will shed any light on Hoadies little foible??? Ladies clothing ??? Hmmmmmm!!!  Minnie balls??? Hmmmmm.  I suppose we can be charitable about the minnie balls and put them down to age or the cold weather!
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 12:59pm
You bloody great twit!! Now I know what you were talkin bout earlier.Its Mrs Hoadie's gear!She used to be a size 14(proper for the period) NOW shes a size 6.It dont fit.Hey-since I'm on the subject-I found her  knickers!!We bin lookin fer 'em fer a long while.They were tucked away in the box with her unused/unworn bonnet
Hmmm-for the good old days
Hoadie
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 5:03pm
Yer Yer Yer! We heard it all before!! Just happened to find her knickers hidden away in a hat box!!!! You better buy that excuse a pair of crutches its so lame! Mrs Hoadie hasn't been on to confirm your story has she?
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 11:48am
Ah well-as period correct..they're CRUTCHLESS!! (She wudnt try 'em back on fer me tho! )I guess the honeymoons over
Hoadie
Mrs Hoadie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 12:05pm
No I wouldn't and you should be ashamed of yourself you DIRTY beast!!!!! Now the whole world knows about you and your cross dressing at least it was behind closed doors until you opened your mouth and told the whole world! I'm so ashamed!!! You came home from the legion tonight drunk again too !!!!!!!!!!!
Mrs Hoadie
My aim in life is to make George miserable! OOPs I can't he's already a miserable git!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Mrs Hoadie Mrs Hoadie wrote:

No I wouldn't and you should be ashamed of yourself you DIRTY beast!!!!! Now the whole world knows about you and your cross dressing at least it was behind closed doors until you opened your mouth and told the whole world! I'm so ashamed!!! You came home from the legion tonight drunk again too !!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Hoadie ! I feel that I must step up to the Plate in George's Defense here ! Whilst it has been known for some time around here that he is a cross dresser . It is a well documented fact that he has always done it with "Taste"& chosen his out fits with care !!!!!!!!As for causing him of coming home from the Legion! Drunk!!!!!! I'm Shocked !!!!!!I think you will find that he was way laid  by less than scruples scoundrels who spiked his lemonaide with the demon drink !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave 
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 7:00am
Oh well, at least he didn't need bulletproof underwear for protection fron Union bullets. Cross-dressing does have it's benefits!  Ermm
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

Hoadie PM me a list of items.

CM

You joining the cross dressing scene too CM?  It would go down a treat at a meet and greet you and Hoadie dressed up and packing enfields Evil%20Smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 7:46am
No,,, I  want  the information and pictures to post here locally. We have a Sons of the Confederate veterans Chapter here whom pride themselves in keeping and honoring their deceased family veterans whom fought for what the believed in. And they may be interested in some of Hoadie’s period correct paraphernalia   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic