Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Re-enacting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new(to me) vendor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new(to me) vendor
    Posted: June 02 2008 at 6:28am
K guys-I was given an old catalogue of this vendor @ my Legion t'other night.Prices -for most things-dont look to be too bad.I already ordered a parade sling for my Vimy Vet.
Cookie suggested I post it here for all.
Its: www.ima-usa.com
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 7:21am
I checked out the site some nice items very pricey !!!!
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 7:56am
Been there before <and have them saved to favorites... Have not orderd from them yet though.  Hoadie tell us how thier service is.... good or Bad???
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 10:05am
Stay tuned Rhino..Geeze-my own fault,I forgot we have a mailing address stateside!(DUH!)Could've saved a few sheckles there!
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 7:23am
I've ordered a couple slings from them in the past.  They were quick and easy... just like Hoadie likes his wimen!!
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 8:06am
I bought a lot of my stuff from Jarnigans. Good quality, decent prices, good service.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 8:24am
CD Jarnigan in Mississippi..without a doubt..the ABSOLUTE BEST for quality, & excellent service.
All my uniforms are they're manufacture.They dont come any better, Smokey!
Hoadie
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2008 at 11:07am
some (smart a$$)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 10:10pm
Well-I have a report on International Military Antiques for ya Rhino!
I ordered a white parade sling for my Vimy Vet.(Price was $14.95).
They STRONGLY suggest you use UPS expedite-so I did.
My $14.95 sling became $43.95.
I was impressed with how fast it got here & how they inform you via e-mail its progress.
I wasnt impressed with the sling...or they're lack of customer service.
What arrived was a Khaki/light tan sling, instead of the WHITE ordered/advertised & pictured.
I used they're customer service e-dress to contact them & explain situation, & enquire re: my options.
After 2 enquiries I have yet to recieve a reply.
Far as I'm concerned...they are one to avoid.
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 4:37am
Thanks fer the insight there Bud....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 8:34am
Rhino-not 10 minutes after I posted that report I got 2 e-mails from them.1st one apologizing for the fact I wasnt happy & explaining the return proceedure.
The 2nd defending the fact that he recieved the complaint on Friday...& was responding on Teus.2 business days later.
well-thats not quite right.I sent it THURSDAY night.
I find it "co-incidental" they replied immediatley following my posting.
I find it puzzling he was asking if there were initials on the invoice..asked for a picture of the sling & invoice...& wanted to know if it was a tan sling or aa white one that has some of the "blanco" chipped off.
No matter..we'll see how they handle this stage.
Keep you posted
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 10:36am
Good Luck Bud....
"White Rhino"

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 5:31am
Well-final report on International Military Antiques is in.Not very good.As previously noted I wasn't satisfied with the sling.I enquired to them & was told I could return it.I specifically contacted them for any special instructions re: return proceedure-& followed they're instructions.
Today I rec'd confirmation of they're reciept of returned item.Now I recieved a phone call-telling me that they will no longer do business with me! The guy readily agreed that the sling doesnt look anything like the one in the picture..& that they will fix that.But it was a"new condition" Khaki sling..nothing wrong with it(note:WHITE PARADE SLING ordered)Further-I returned it via UPS.(Thats wot they SAID to do) Now he's pissed cause UPS billed them $40..completely negating any profit they can make on a sale with me.(Duh!) As I had said before-they want me to use UPS express & my $14.95 sling became $44.00!! Now he tells me to return it expense paid-he gets a bill from UPS(like I did) & he's pissed @ me!
(I still have our entire conversation saved in my mail inbox) Now the guy says he will no longer deal with me..OK-so be it.
So-Theres MY report on these guys.For what its worth
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 3:34am
Hoadie I'm looking for two Longbranch oilers, Look around your gun shops up there and see what you can find,

Thanks !!!
CM
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 4:59am
Next show I'll sniff around
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 5:47am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Next show I'll sniff around
Hoadie

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic