Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shotgunminister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello?
    Posted: December 02 2005 at 8:03am
I'm new here just wondering what's all going on.  I have a No.4 MkI of Long Branch manufacture.  I';m always on the look out for stuff for it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 12:24pm
Mate you've got the bug ! It starts with one Enfield & then you go down hill from there ! I'm lucky enough to be in a country where there are thousands of em ! I've always used the .303 Brit as a Working cartridge (as well as many off it's off spring 270-303,25-303 mainly ) I've shot everything from Water Buffalo to Rabbits with Enfields & although over the years I have used more moden & heavier rounds & rifles there has always been a Enfield there in camp as a back up ! My Main stay is a Mk1 (1902) that is on her 8th barrel & is due to be revamped shortly back to origanial condition (I sporterized her back in the dark ages ) I'll probarly replace her with a Pat14 (but then again my Gun Guy has a safe full of Mk111s )

Dave 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 1:13pm

If you have the flip sights (300/600 meters) to make it more user friendly, you can buy an OEM ladder type sight from Numrich (aka, e-gunparts.com) for the sum of $22.

This sight has a large aperture combat peep (which I think is at 300 meters). You can then flip the ladder upright and there is a smaller peep which you can adjust from 200 meters on up (900 or 1000 as I recall). I discovered you can also turn the adjustment screw down a bit and although unmarked, when it bottoms out it will be where 100 meters should be. I can use the 6 o' clock hold at 100 yards and the shots will go in the black of your standard 100 yard NRA target. (otherwise the shots will be about 10 to 12 inches high from point of aim using the 300 meter peep at 100 yards).

The OEM sight looks like surplus (Numrich buys out inventories from manufacterers that have gone out of business). Coated in grease. It installs perfectly (I replaced the tiny lock pin with a small cotter pin).

303carbine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 2:53pm
I am glad to see this site starting to get more posts and more members.
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 2:58pm

I was just thinking the same thing!!

Eric

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 3:23pm
Yep it's great to see a intrest starting to imerge & see fresh posts

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic