Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Purists look away

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 9:38pm
That is not a bad looking project, keep us apprised of your progress.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 9:39pm
Wolfie1 I see you mentioned Knoxville, are you in TN. ?
wolfie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 7:15am
Cookie Monster
I am from South Dakota.  A gunsmith friend of mine recieved a sale brochure from a company that had bought a large lot from the Knoxville Armory and bought 4 rifles from the lot for his customers.  They shipped it direct from the armory.

As for my gunsmith friend,  he's a really nice guy, but the only thing I have against him is he's a Nagant fan....LOL.  Can't deal with him anymore since he moved to Missouri, but he can built beautiful rifles from those old Nagants.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome the vote
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 8:22pm
Nagant Fan.........Oh no if Old Biker Wrench finds out.
yumastepside View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yumastepside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2009 at 8:00am
......just thought I'd get this thread jumpstarted again.......I find it very hard to find any pics or info on LE sporter stocks. They all seem to be cut dowm mils or that old '70s style Parker Hale , monte carlo, triangular fore end style.
How about some decent looking stock to rival the mausers ??

I'd like a DGR/safari style stock for my 45-70 Mk 1/111 project.

roger
Hugo Steiglitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Steiglitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2010 at 10:55am
Now there's some beautiful rifles, Yuma.Clap
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2010 at 5:26pm
The buttstock on the No.1 in the center is a really nice piece. I'd like to find one like it should I ever finish up my Lithgow sporter project rifle.
That No.1 looks like a factory, or custom gunmaker job, more refined than a home done job.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yumastepside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 5:31am
............how about this Lon Paul custom in 348 win.

Thanks to Phil in Alaska for the pic.

roger
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 11:16pm
the only "project rifle" i have wont look too far from original arsenal configuration , and its not an enfield , it is actualy a "springfield" type rifle ,

i took a remington M1903A3 that had been bubba'd into an A4 forgery and converted it to 22cal , that because the bubba made some serious errors and turned the 3006 into an unsafe rifle just waiting to injure or maim some poor shooter ,

i like the idera of having the A4gery in my collection as ill never fork over for a real A4 and i like having
a functioning rifle , i also really like 22s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yumastepside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:47am
........love the old 'scope, what is it ?
roger
Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 12:19pm
my guess is Weaver....followed by Redfield
Get some

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yumastepside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2010 at 2:09pm
This is a Mk 111 I picked up and rebarrelled with a Mauser 7x57 barrel.Its as acquired except for the barrel.....

I used it like this for a few years, then the other day I got the bug to play with it a bit....

I picked up a scope mount at a gun show last weekend for $30, rings for $45 and the scpoes a Leupld m8 2.5x compact I got at a garage sale for........$5
I use standard S&B 7X57R in it.....still got some work to do on the stock ( fore end tip is felt marker.. ) and a buttplate, but its coming along

Roger
roger
Story View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Story Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2012 at 2:19am
Originally posted by yumastepside yumastepside wrote:

How about some pics of your best sporter or working Enfield ??

........work in progress......still      

Are you my twin? A long-lost brother? Thinking on my frequency?

See here

I've acquired a Martini handguard since that photo was taken, and have yet to slim down the ebony endcap and pin it to the foreend.

Rumpelhardt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumpelhardt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 9:19pm
Best looking N04 sporter ever!! LOL

303Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 4:53pm
Oh yes!  That is a worthwhile mod.  Here's one of mine.

That is a suppressor on the barrel.  The bore is so badly rust damaged it will only shoot with custom sized paper patch bullets.

This one has a new No4 barrel fitted.  I made that fore-end from a log - well, piece of walnut I bought.  I gave it a linseed oil finish.  It's my first 303 of 1902 vintage.  The action is untouched. (The scope mount is soft soldered on).

303Guy
303Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 4:58pm
7x57 Lee Enfield.  Yes!  I've been toying with that idea for quite a while.

This is a neat rifle.

303Guy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic