Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Just as you make up your mind that your too old
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just as you make up your mind that your too old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just as you make up your mind that your too old
    Posted: January 20 2009 at 9:04am
I made up my mind until yesterday that I wasn't going to wild cat any more ! No ! I'm too Old ! Been there done that ! I don't need to buy any more rifles ! Nope the end ,Finite, no more ,I haven't got the time or interest any more !
         Then it happened !!!!!!! Damn the Man ! The Fool ! Bloody Idiot ! Why bother another Old broken down Pro shooter ? The Man's a sick Pervert !

Yes a Old Mate turned up for Coffee & Bullsh*t & "Just happened to mention " (Yeah right Angry) He had just happened to throw a couple rifles in the back of his truck as he & I hadn't had a shot in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG  time & it was a lovely day for a shot !  Yeah well one of them was his 35-303 wasn't it ! After heating up the barrel ,he made mention of the fact that I was thinking of building one ,was I still interested ?  I was strong & replied .NO!!!!!!! several more Clips & all of a sudden , I started thinking ...well maybe ...No I'm not going there!Pinch! Of course he made mention that Status arms in New Zealand are making what we called the 35-303 Hambley -Clark  these days & more importantly the dies for the above & Sprinters still have 5 different types of Reamer (including the 35 Staus/Hambley -Clark ) ! So after sleeping on it I'm going to get the ball rolling !!!!!

Here we go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Censored
        Dave

Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 9:48am
Oh dave, you poor old soul.

I so gotta come down to see you in south 'strayla, and remove the burden of all these horrible wildcat rifles.
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
thresher_593 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thresher_593 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 9:48am
I admire your willpower and self-control Dave.
Hiding out in the Northwest corner of Southeast Ohio
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by thresher_593 thresher_593 wrote:

I admire your willpower and self-control Dave.

My oath I lasted 24 hours before making up my mind !

Dave
airforcediver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airforcediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2009 at 1:12pm

Well Dave all I can say is take some pictures for me...lol

So I can see how it turns out

AFD
If all else fails call in a MOAB and call it a day
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 6:01am
Well-it wasnt like ya had anything ELSE to do with all that $ that was in your pocket aggrivating your thigh...
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 8:53am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Well-it wasnt like ya had anything ELSE to do with all that $ that was in your pocket aggrivating your thigh...
Hoadie

Money ??????? Hah! I've got Grown up Kids who think my name is Bank Angry
   No I'm doing something for me for a change Wink

Dave .......About to be canceled as Father of the Year

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 9:02am
i also admire the stammina your displayed , your resistance was admirable , i couldnt have mustered that strength of will , my steadfastness would pale next to yours ................

SO WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG ?
Scoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 10:20am
I hope you post a play by play. I am looking to do a 6.5 or 270 x 303 myself. As it being my firt time it would be great to have a little guidance.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 8:11pm

Dave I'm sure my lad said the same about me!! Something about being a Banker?? Least thats what it sounded like!  Confused
Confused
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Dave I'm sure my lad said the same about me!! Something about being a Banker?? Least thats what it sounded like!  Confused
Confused

Tony I was at a friends house the other night and he children would come and ask him for money by saying, "DADDY I NEED". I just happened to be there when he had enough. He did not blink an eye or reply to them. They continued to say, "Daddy!!! I need". He just acted just like they were not even there.  He turned to me and asked me to give his two children a bit of information. Tell them that my name to them is Father, Dad, Daddy, or the can call be by my name. However it is not and I will repeat it is not, "DADDY I Need". 
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 11:35pm
I solved that problem,  Daughter is gone from home now and has a boyfriend i dont like .. so Her Mother tells Her to ask her boyfriend , if you would be dating Stan you would not have money problems...

As for me I just give the whole check to the Wife and she puts my over time in my personal account for gun and ammo purcheses. and tell the kids to ask your mother.... which is a lost cause... because she starts thinking about some job they can do for the money..(well its just Boogie left at home now)

Oh By the Way.. Boogie is a great cook for a 15 year old , His fried pork chops are great!!!! and He does the laundry better than His sister did, and cleans house great also... 
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 12:50pm
Thats the spirit Rhino...my kids dont know it yet....but I have many chores lined up for them.....
Get some
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 9:15pm
Well-Lets hear it for BOOGIE!!!(He'll make a great wife one day!! lol).
My oldest NEVER asked for $$ unless it was absolutley necessary.(He always was pretty independant)He left the nest 1st week of January(quit university too,litle bugger).I left the nest end of Sept. Now Im told that my"I NEED.." kid(who is 18 & still in the nest w/his mommy) is going to be a daddy in June!! .Well -I told him for the next 25 years you gonna be paying for that son of yours!...& sorry-there wont be any "bail-outs" cause my money tree died!!
Aint life just grand?
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2009 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Scoob Scoob wrote:

I hope you post a play by play. I am looking to do a 6.5 or 270 x 303 myself. As it being my firt time it would be great to have a little guidance.

The 270-303  is the way to go ! It was the first of the .303 conversions!  I strongly recommend using the # 4 action as a Platform  for the round !

100 gn  Pill  Min load  35.1  Max Load  39gns of Varget

100 gn  Pill  Min Load 39     Max Load  44gns of H4350

130 gn  Pill  Min load  32     Max Load  36.2 gns of Varget

130 gn  Pill  Min Load 38     Max Load  42.3 gns of H4350

150 gn  Pill  Min Load 30     Max Load  33 gns  of Varget

150 gn  Pill  Min Load 36     Max Load   40gns of  H4350

Dies are readily available from Simplex Australia & the round is formed simply by running a .303 through a 270--303 FLR die with very little effort ! I do recommend annealing the cases after forming though ! There is a fair school of thought & arguement on this issue , some people argue that you only have to anneal after forming the brass back to .257 or less & the rest of us argue it is better to anneal after any forming

Dave   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic