Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Hunting with the .303 British cartridge.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i love her

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc03033 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i love her
    Posted: January 31 2009 at 3:28pm
Smileim new to this sight i just got exited to see so many 303 lovers(enfield)my first moose was1400 lbs no sh$# 80 yard shot.the ba$tard droped like a tone of bricks.im going to tell you about my next year.she was down about 50ft down and 300yrd across the pond.my bud sais hey did you see that? i looked and for a moment nothing.and all of a sudent it moved i took my binos and focused in and yup ther she was.i said no way i cant. andre my bud said shoot i know you can do it( ps andre knew id been shooting in our sand pit for sometime 20yrd 50yrd 100yrd and 200yrd)but i thought i can do this (scope bushnell legend 2 to 7 for your info)so i lean on my pick up and took 1 min to adjust my scope and pow bye the time i took my eyes out of the scope she whas down and dead.called my bro and he came whith is range finder and ranged at 324yrd wow the 303 practice practice practice and shot placement im telling you you cant loose w the good old faitfull i love her so much and whith time and patience i know you will to lol ( by the way i use 180 win superx)
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2009 at 10:53pm
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your trouphy.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 1:25am
OK mark03033 , Step back from the rifle !!! Take a deep breath calm down..  OK your in serious trouble .... sounds to Me You have Enfieldites.. Its a very bad desiese.  you will have problems with passing up any thing enfield wise at gun shows ... Oh My!   you sound like you have it bad too!!!
I suggest to go target practice with your Enfield at least 2 times a week  if no more.....
There is only therapy treatments for Enfieldites and no cure..

Now that you have admited to having it you now have to live with it and get another enfield and some MilSurp ammo ........ 
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Kodiac400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodiac400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 8:19am
Great story. I can almost smell the powder burning.......ummmmmmm gun powder. They are not the 3rd best military rifle of all time for nothing.
marc03033 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc03033 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 9:29am
thanx for the welcom people i do have some pics and will post them sometime soon im so happy i found some enfielde friends lol lets keep her alive long live the lee
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Kodiac400 Kodiac400 wrote:

Great story. I can almost smell the powder burning.......ummmmmmm gun powder. They are not the 3rd best military rifle of all time for nothing.

3rd best!!?? Whatchu talkin bout,Willis??3rd best indeed!! You sir-shud be sent to a "re-education camp" to re-learn your loyalties!! (3rd best,indeed!Humph!)
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 9:15pm
They call them Gulags Hoadie! Best thing Uncle Joe Stalin ever set up. 
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2009 at 1:09am
3rd best rifle,indeed!!!
Hoadie
marc03033 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc03033 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 5:03am
whats the two other best ? i suppose the m1 garand and the mosin nagant. dont get me wrong i love the garand cant go wrong whith the 30-06 but as for the other msurp rifle im stil learning..... please let me know what you think kodiak thanx
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 8:16am
M-1 garand??!! The "Thumb Buster!? You gotta be kiddin?! HEY MATRON!!I want some of what he's on!!
Hoadie
(Thumbless in Toronto)
Kodiac400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodiac400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 8:49am
Now that I have hoadie all fired up Youtube
Kodiac400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodiac400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 8:54am
This is where I came up with the 3rd best stuff.
marc03033 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc03033 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 10:01am
ok kodiak lol thats good.... but i thought you were talking on experience i have a question for you have you ever hunted whith ether mentioned on this forum ( not to be rude but we are smle die hards i hope )as for the other dudes frome the big cities have you ever shot a moose aside from on and x box lol LOL
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 10:08pm
I have hunted with both..I sold my M-1 back to the U.S.Army(quite a while ago) Rgt Sgt Maj Victor Knestel took delivery(he can have it!).
As for moose or deer,I use NOTHING but my Enfields now.(They have NEVER let me down) OR BIT ME!!
Hoadie
marc03033 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc03033 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 11:08pm
there that bad eh never thought the rifle that helped win the war was that much of a disaster what model was you garand(what year)what do you mean by it biting you (the bolt?)i was concidering to add one to my collection i have friends who have em and they love them i guess its a mater of opinion long live the qween (the enfield that is lol)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 5:45am
Mine was a 1945.It was only considered "better" cause it was a semi..by the by,its exempt from the magazine laws in Canada.
I suggest that you DO get one...oh yes,by all means-YES!Then you can learn all about M-1 Thumb
Hoadie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic