Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

posting pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: posting pictures
    Posted: September 03 2009 at 6:32am
I would like to post pictures of my Lee-Enfild 303's that my g/f and I prize very highly.  I would like to share them with members here and get some opinions on them.  I can't seem to figure out how to post the pictures.  I can only seem to get the site to show pictures that are samples of how to do it.  I will admit that I am somehat comuter illiterate.  Would it be possible to make the posting of pictures easier?
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome the vote
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 9:49pm
This seems to be an on going problem let me see as what I can do to make that task somewhat easier.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 9:41am
Put Your pictures on My-Space and then copy and post them here ... but they have to stay with a host or they disapear ...
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Tophog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tophog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 2:53pm
I have been using www.tinypic.com for my postings. I tried a couple others, imageshack, etc., and tinypic is the easiest for me. Nothing but a few clicks, and no signing up/account stuff. Very self-explanatory.
-
Like the commercial, even 'this' caveman can do it.

Good luck!

God made the Garand!
-
Nevada CWP
Utah CFP
USN 1976-80
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 8:14am
You need to use the "full reply" editor.  If you want to upload a picture to the forum, when replying to a post, you need to select the "Reply" button located at the bottom of the post. This allows the icon for image uploading to become active.  The icon lookd like a picture of a tree.  Once you click on this icon, a new window opens up. If the image is located on your computer, select the browse button to find the image. Once you have selected the image, click on upload. A preview of the picture will eventually show up in the preview window. (The length of time it takes to show up depends on the size of the picture.) Then click ok and the picture will show up in the post.

To post a picture in a new topic, it's the same as above... except there is no reply button, the picture icon is on the new topic page by default.

Also, I believe I increased the image size to 5mb. I will doublecheck that and make sure.

I hope this helps those of you that are having issues posting pics.

Eric
wolfie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 10:50am
Eric
Thank you for your suggestions concerning posting pictures.  I have tried this a number of times and it just won't work.  there is nothing complicated about it, but IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.  I would like to post pictures, but the way it is set up, it's like jumping through hoops to get no results.  I have just given up on it.
Frustration only goes so far before I throw up my hands and walk away.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome the vote
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 4:49pm

What is the error you are getting when trying to upload? I have uploaded countless pictures on this site, on numerous computers without any issues... other than the size of the pics I've uploaded. If the pics are to large, it won't work. A 5 meg pic is a pretty high resolution pic.

airforcediver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airforcediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2009 at 10:19am
Is it possible to have a member picture gallery?????

AFD
If all else fails call in a MOAB and call it a day
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic