Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reloading > Reloading .303 British
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - just getting started , a good friend gave me this
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

just getting started , a good friend gave me this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just getting started , a good friend gave me this
    Posted: February 09 2010 at 8:12am
the big journey ........

i got this lyman universal reloader , and a bunch of equipment that came in this "expert kit" [what it says on the box]
primer tray , scale , powder dribbler , stuff ill need to get instructions on how to assemble , bullet puller ,

wonder if i write to the factory if i can purchase a reprint instruction book  ?

i ended up with some dies - i have others i got with my lee hand loader and my 45LC set i got this past summer , too

and i got this RCBS press , i think this is brand new , some powders and bullets and primers and brass ,

Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 10:16am
Your good to go, but by gosh, man, don't show pictures of primers! There are people who'll hunt you down to get those!

Ed
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 10:25pm
You may be able to find a PDF of the proper instruction manuals online. I've found and downloaded a number of manuals for old appliances to replace the originals I lost long ago.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 4:09am
I have an original Lyman instruction manual.
NOT the one you buy (the reloading manual) although I have one of those too, but the actual manual for the Lyman reloading kit. Now it is the one for a single stage press, not the turret model you have, but everything else is the same, even the #55 powder measure & the case trimmer.

It shouldn't take a genius to figure out the very minor differences between the two presses, or even the single stage you have & the Lyman in the manual.

Let me have a mailing addy & I'll copy them & mail them to you.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 8:38am
done , i thank you my friend , any help  will be good help as i get started ,

now if i could just get that second floor built on top of my garage with heat and running water i would be set ..........oh , and a "no girls allowed sign" to ward off those looking for storage of anything not mine
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 10:27pm
"and a "no girls allowed sign" to ward off those looking for storage of anything not mine"

Good luck with that, mate Ermmyou're going to need it.

I got your PM & replied BTW. I'll let you know when the goodies leave here.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 7:18pm
ow if i could just get that second floor built on top of my garage with heat and running water i would be set ..........oh , and a "no girls allowed sign" to ward off those looking for storage of anything not mine

Platting sawdust comes to mind where "no girls allowed" is concerned.  Big smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2010 at 8:56am
Nice se up
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 5:16am
It looks like you lucked out A-Square.
I was looking for the old B&W instruction manual I knew I had. I was going to make you a scanned copy, print it out & add the original file on a CD as a spare.
Then I tripped over a spanking new actual Lyman Orange manual that includes your turret press as well as a single stage.Thumbs Up

I have no idea where this came from, but I know where it's going to.........as soon as the snow stops again!Nuke
Let me know when it arrives & if there is anything else I can do to help.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 7:19am
arrived today , i owe ya big time , thats gotta be the original it would have come with , thank you
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 9:51pm
You're welcome.
(Just wait till he sees how OLD & well-used the reloading manual is.)Wink
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2010 at 12:25am
wow , i didn't expect that as well , i very much appreciate this and you need to let me know what i can do in return , 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 2:44am
it arrived today , fantastic , 1970 copyright , what can i say ..........

..i was just about to get married [the first time] in that year ,
... i still owned my original rifles/pistols/shotguns at that time ,
.... i was a 'doors' fanatic in those days , playing it on my new sansui gear ,
..... i was just buying my first Triumph Bonneville in those days ,
.......i had just transferred from my first college to my major college in that fall ,

man that was a long time ago , but this looks like just the ticket to get me going , now i really do owe you big time , and i thank you profusely
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 9:26am
You don't owe me a thing, I'm paying back a long owed debt to someone I don't really even know.
In the same vein of thought as your post:
I'd been in the U.S.A. 6 months give or take.
I bought a replacement for the #4 Mk1(T) that I surrendered when I left the U.K. at a gunshow in PA (Allentown fairgrounds).
I was leaving the building with (unheard of for a Brit) a slung uncased rifler in *gasp* a public place!
The LEO on the door noticed I was acting a bit nervously & asked me why. I told him that this was the first time I'd ever been able to do this supposedly simple act,
His reply?
"Well Hell, son, welcome to the Home Of The Brave & The Land Of The Free, where you going to sight it in?"
My how times have changed. Pass it on down, like I did.Wink It might take a while but that's fine, this was 1975!

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 4:20am
i understand , ive sent things off to folks and simply asked that they pass it forward when they could help a fellow collector , often we have things we no longer need and someone else has a great need , i shall do as you request , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic