Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off to the Gulf ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off to the Gulf ...
    Posted: January 18 2011 at 9:45am
Cool , Thought if I set up a Doc. appointment they would call Me for work .... See Y'all next Month if they dont have Computer access out there .... Going to MP 299 ....... Bought time I get some work this year ....... Been close to there before ...Hope I aint walking into a catastrophe ...LOL!!!!! 
Time to add to the Gun account !!!!!!
Looks like My project in the shop will have to wait for awhile .....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2011 at 11:30am
Sounds more like Lisa was a-gettin tired of havin ya under foot all the time.
Be careful out there.(You wouldn't want me to hafta marry yer widow, now wudja?)
I guess if ya keep THAT in mind..yopu WILL be careful!
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2011 at 11:40am
which gulf ? .............oh , OK , i get it , oil rigs ? got a couple friend used ta do that 
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2011 at 1:06pm
Sounds like Hoadie should be Jodie
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 10:57pm
Cool, got to Venice and flew out to the Production platform ...then on to an Drill Rig that is working over some wells on the production platform Im working on ...changing out 5 cracked power pistons and doing a PM on the compressor power side .....
Had a couple of days it was unsafe to go to work .... By Chopper or Boat ..today is one of them ...
Dont understand that the waves are not as high as they were last night .... they were crashing over the Stearn of the boat as they were lifting us off with the crane ....
Looks like I will be out of here thursday and will head to exxon friday ....Land job !!!! Looks like the work is picking up ...Back to back jobs ...
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 8:17am
Good Luck Rhino
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 9:48am
i hope so , i have about lost faith in our government wanting work for our people , they keep making it so hard by regulation that the jobs go elsewhere ,

good luck my friend , stay safe
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 9:55am
Well A square .. Mine will be Ok for some time ..as long as they need to push natural gas through pipe lines and compress it ..I should be good ..We have a lot of Compressor packages out here that were (My Company) rent to these oil companies and we also work on the ones they own ..most of which are as old as the wells ......Hell this platform still has a sign in the head that says do not throw cigarette buts in the urinal ...now thats old ..considering the rules for smoking now days ....
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 10:04am
Well you know rhino my company does work at the local pumping station up here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 10:20am
You told Me that some time ago ....If its a Tennessee gas pipe line station ..I have done the overhaul on their gas Turbine in the past ...Hell I have done most of their overhauls through out Mississippi , Louisiana .and a couple in Texas ....For some time I didnt know G.E. made any thing bigger than a frame 3 gas Turbine ....then we lost that contract and I started working on the Frame 6 and 7 series ..did a few frame 5 turbines also ...
Now I just do what ever the company Im with right now has ..and thats compressors , reciprocating and rotating and grouting in pump foundations also ....
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 2:03am
WR - oddly enough i have a friend out on the north dakota/montanna boarder that does what you do in the oil fields out there , 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 9:01am
A Square , there is a lot of work in the field ...through out the country ....I think in that area our office combines Canada and the states together for that region ..the workers have special visas or passes to go back and forth across the border ....the regional Manager is a Canadian ...when I met Him in Houston for My safety award last year He seen photos of My Hobby ...and one of Me shooting a .50 cal sniper rifle .... He out right told Me He did not condone such a hobby ...
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 11:33am
now thats a bit of a pi$$er , he really has no right , but i guess free speech applies to management as well as the rest of the world - so i suppose he could say it , dont let the buggers get you down - what

but my friend neil is a three gunner , a big guy , who carries a desert eagle as a concealed carry - i know this because during a match he had to put it in the car to comply with match rules , no-one knew he had it and none could figure out where he had it concealed - hes a big guy but thats a big gun not to print in a tight T-shirt , i want him on my six when the SHTF because hes fast and accurate ,

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 11:11am
A Square ..all the other Big Bosses looked at Him like He was nuts ..Every one got a kick out of My Photos ..that each one had a gun or guns in them ........They all Loved the .50 cal. ....You should have heard the room roll with laughter when that picture came up ....  Wonder if that had any thing to do with Me being Safety champion of the year for the east coast division ???? 
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 11:25am
i wouldnt count on that .....id figure you did your job right , but its good to know the majority support you 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 11:28am
I do believe they kept putting the picture of Me with the .50 cal. up Because I had on safety glasses and hearing protection ....It showed that I took safety home with Me .....LOL!!!!
"White Rhino"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic