Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Hunting with the .303 British cartridge.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

303 on more Buffalo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 303 on more Buffalo
    Posted: November 06 2011 at 5:07am
Headed out bush again with a mate from down south to try his luck and new rifle he built.  I'd say the day was a success with 6 Buff down for the day.  More pics will follow.

Amor patriae
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 5:58am
Awesome pictures Bud !!!

"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
sayak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 8:55am
Dang, a chainsaw no less!
Nice beast.
I support hard work, creativity, freedom, responsibility and truth
EnfieldHunter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnfieldHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 11:53am
That is really cool.

What is the gun in the photo?
Rob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 11:54am
nice.love the lake?pic.
can you shoot as many buf's as you want ?
and I once saw a fella carve up an eagle sculpture out of wood  with a chainsaw but....Wow adds a new dimension to butchering...not that I would try that tho...
A true measure of a man is not how he act's when thing's are going well.But how he act's when things are going Bad.
R.S.G.
.303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2011 at 8:09am
LOL the chainsaw was mainly for removing the horns but I cut along the brisket and the spine for the boys as they normally use an axe and they wanted to see if the saw would be quicker ;-) They were impressed LOL.  The Mauser is my mates 450ASS (Adrian and Shayne Styles), he's Adrian BTW.  I used my 2 SMLE's on the day the 45-70 and the 303, both took buff no worries at all.
Amor patriae
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2011 at 8:39am
Whats really neat is that they are hunting in short pants and long sleeve shirt !!!!  LOL!!  If we went hunt like that down here for that attire ...the Mosquito would carry us away !!! LOL!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
.303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2011 at 12:22pm
LOL shorts and T-Shirt is ok here in the dry season, not a good idea in the wet.  Like everything else in the NT the Mossies are the jumbo sized!  The long shirt my mate wore was an effort to not get sun burnt (he live in a much cooler climate down in NSW).
Amor patriae
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 9:59am
i noted the shorts as well - here they would be bled out by the skeeters and tics before they found their prey ,

nice shooting , hope all that meat went to the hungry
.303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 6:33pm
You bet it did!   Including me!  Buffalo Curry is one of my wife's favourites I made when we got home LOL.  Plenty of Ticks in Oz mate we must just be made from sterner stuff! ;-)
Amor patriae
mauser98nut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mauser98nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2011 at 9:52am
Liked the chainsaw idea ,you could start it and the BBQ about the same time for a quick supper.
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2011 at 1:09am
Ticks where I am carry all kinds of nasty and crippling diseases. I wear long pants with gaiters to keep the !)@##%!) things on the outside so I can pull them off. It's not unusual for me to pull a dozen or more off in early spring or later fall. I stop and check every few minutes just to get rid of them.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2011 at 2:14am
Yes, Lyme disease is no fun at all. I don't know if they have it in Oz at this time though.

I have to ask.
What's the story with the colt tied to the truck in the background? Appetizer for the Buff main course?Confused
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
saffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2011 at 5:09pm
We get a tick here called a pepper tick. It is the size of ground black pepper. When these things get inside your trousers you have to boil the clothes to ensure they are dead as they can stay dormant until you wear your favourite hunting gear the next season only to ge bitten again.
Tick bite fever (Rickettsia) is horrible. Had it twice. Give me a hangover any day compared to the headache from tick bite fever.
Nice buff by the way. Like the idea of the chainsaw.
Not a complete idiot. Still missing a few parts.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 8:48am
that tick sounds smaller than our deer tick that causes the lymes , these are small - pin head size but pepper size would drive me nuts [thinking about my nutz ]

im thinking on boiling all my clothes tonight just thinking about it , eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww , i hate ticks and skeeters , least you have a chance with black flys and deer flys and even house flys - take aim and swat but ticks and skeeters [OK knats too] i hate em
saffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 9:01pm
When I went pig hunting, the pigs are covered in fleas and ticks. Yuck.
I was recently watching a National Geographic on the appalachian trail, showed those ticks clumped on stalks an warned of the Lyme disease. Gives one the shivers.
Not a complete idiot. Still missing a few parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic