Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Left handers and LE's bolt actions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Left handers and LE's bolt actions
    Posted: February 09 2012 at 4:20am
Anyone else a lefty and use a Lee Enfield/SMLE or bolt action in general.

I don't find it a problem as all my shooting is done prone never bothered getting a left handed version .22 CZ Varmint, and even if I went for a top line bolt rifle wouldn't bother.

My old dad used to try and get me to shoot a rifle right handed but couldn't do it.  Pistols can use either hand, however naturally pick one up with my left.

If using a bipod it might actually help as your working the bolt with your right and your position remains pretty constant.

I deal in lead friend
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 5:28am
I knew a competitive shooter who shot a right handed bolt left handed, he could shoot faster off sand bags and or a bi-pod because you can cycle the action with your right hand never having too remove your trigger hand and take your eye off the target. With that being said there is a few right handers out there shooting left handed bolt guns the the same manner.
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 5:40am
I read somewhere that Russian troops were taught to operate the bolts of their Moisin Nagants withe the left hand for rapid fire. The right hand was kept in place to hold the rifle.
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Smokey Smokey wrote:

I read somewhere that Russian troops were taught to operate the bolts of their Moisin Nagants withe the left hand for rapid fire. The right hand was kept in place to hold the rifle.

exactly that is what I was talking about
Blanc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 6:35am
As Cookie describes, 'you can cycle the action with your right hand never having too remove your trigger hand and take your eye off the target'.

So in this right handed world I have actually found an advantageWink
I deal in lead friend
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Blanc Blanc wrote:

As Cookie describes, 'you can cycle the action with your right hand never having too remove your trigger hand and take your eye off the target'.

So in this right handed world I have actually found an advantageWink

Exactly Blanc..... I have seen right handers buy a lefty and shoot just as your discribed thou !
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 11:01am
i dont have a problem - but then i am right handed , but my daughter is predominately left handed - she batted right but served , and hit left left , it has been interesting to hear her input ...
Ishapore150 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishapore150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 9:17am
I have an Ishapore 2A1 and am left handed.I shoot standing,sitting and prone working the bolt with my left hand and keeping my right arm in the sling.I haven't found it to be any problem.
-.- -.. ..... --- --.. .--- If you understand that 73's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic