Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meet and Greet at Rhino's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meet and Greet at Rhino's
    Posted: March 13 2012 at 12:52am

There is going to be a Meet and Greet at Rhino's in May. Exact meet dates to follow.

There will be an Enfield rifle shooting competition. Both paper and metal Silhouette targets. Enfield rifles only in original military form. We will allow Parker Hale type sights as long as the Rifle has not been physically modified. No optical sights and rifles must be chambered in .303 British rounds. You may use support to shoot , prone, standing, sitting, and or kneeling. Or any combination thereof. Course of fire will be ten shots fired at paper and ten at the metal silhouettes. Paper targets score their face value with a mike as a zero. Silhouettes score 10 points each. Thus perfect score will be 200 points.

All Rules subject to change pending how Hoadie is behaving that day !

Object is to have fun, eat copious amounts of Crawfish, and Give Hoadie a hard time. 

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2012 at 6:23pm
Watch it there Cookie...or I'll shoot the suspension chains off your targets again!
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2012 at 6:25pm
THIS JUST IN!!!....''

Cookie has volunteered to be "GOALTENDER" for the targets during the shoot.

ATA BOY COOKIE! Way ta take one for the team!!
Hoadie
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2012 at 11:17pm
Good because I dont feel like walking down there that often !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 1:48am
just hope he wears a facemask
Hoadie
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 5:40am
Now that's a scary thought, brings this image to mind:

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
ducaninfrance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ducaninfrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 7:33am

Not sure I am going to make that one CryCry

And WTF a I getting all this junk every time I try and post? Where do I turn off BBcodes because deleting it and un-ticking the BBcode box doesn't workAngry

Duncan.

A DAY WITHOUT WINE IS A DAY WITHOUT SUNSHINE

I don't drink water, fish fornicate in it!

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?

W.C. Fields.
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 8:03am
Duncan, do you have a program called admuncher installed on your computer? It's a program designed to stop unwanted advertisements and popups when you use the web. If you do have it, try disabling it and try to post again.

I'm not seeing the same issues on my end.  Is anyone else?

Eric
ducaninfrance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ducaninfrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 8:16am

Yes, I run Admuncher and it does not produce this problem on any other form sites. This has only started to happen over the last couple of posts !

The 'Enable BBcodes box it the bottom of this form is always ticked and even if I un-tick it the codes still appear.
Duncan.

A DAY WITHOUT WINE IS A DAY WITHOUT SUNSHINE

I don't drink water, fish fornicate in it!

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?

W.C. Fields.
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 9:21am
I bet it has to do with the google adsense ads we are running. I'll look into it and see what I can find out. There may be an area that you can add exceptions for certain ads.

Eric
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 9:24am
Try this, duncan. It's from the FAQ on admunchers website. It will only allow the adds for our site.

How do I stop a page being filtered?

To stop a page being filtered, just do the following:

• Click the Ad Muncher icon in your system tray to open the configuration window.
  • Click the "My Filters" tab
  • Click the "New" button.
  • Set the category to "No filtering on URL".
  • Set the keyword to any part of the site's address, for example, microsoft.com
  • Click "Apply" and the new settings should take effect.

I hope this helps.
Eric

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 9:25am
looks like ya-all are gonna have fun - this year i have fishing trips planned the first and second week of may , gonna hit kentucky lake for catfish with my redneck friends the first week , and walley opener with my north country friends the second , and the last week is a trip to iowa for my one-only-favorite neices graduation , so unless you guys set it up in that other one ill not make it - and somethin tells me the office is gonna frown on me takin a whole month off .... just sayin ,
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 9:51am
I'm going to shoot back
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 10:04am
I just Got through to the office today ..and My Vacation time is set ..for them days ...
My Manager is so busy He could not call me back for the last week !!!  The office has been busy since one of our managers quite ...actually My Manager ..so now I have a different one now !!

But any how last year they screwed me on Hoadies Visit ...it aint going to happen this year !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 10:43am
i hear you - last three years there was nothing - this year im gettin caught up
Aifwikir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aifwikir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 2:38pm
Okay I missed the dates for the Get toGether.  Where and When again please??

Big smile
Aif

Retired US Army
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic