FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No. 4 Mk. 1 Not feeding Properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ammayhem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No. 4 Mk. 1 Not feeding Properly
    Posted: June 12 2012 at 4:00am
The first time I fired mine I had a problem feeding the second round.  Pulled the magazine off and snapped it back in and haven't had any problems since.  Figured something wasn't seated right, haven't thought to look at it again until now.  xD
sayak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 10:43am
I hate cutting on things too, but I had already checked the tightness of the king screw and knew that wasn't the problem. The lips of the magazine did not look bent in any way that i could see. As it was, the cutting I did amounted to the thickness of a piece of paper.
I support hard work, creativity, freedom, responsibility and truth
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 8:53am
Take a round chamber it slowly, watch where it feeds. and make adjustments accordingly
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 8:07am
i would first have checked the king screw for tightness , asnd everything else as well , i hate cutting on things
sayak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2012 at 1:07am
No, no burr that I could see. 

I ended up taking a Dremel tool with a thin cut-off wheel to it last night, and shaved a hair width of metal from the top of the catch on the mag. Now it seats OK and feeds, but what had changed is still a mystery to me.

I will not be taking the mag out for cleaning again if I can help itLOL
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 10:00pm
Might there be a burr on the edge of either the magazine catch or the lever?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
sayak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 1:21pm
I have a new problem: the magazine release on my No. 4 Mk 1 does not catch on the magazine, and so it not seat properly. Because it does not seat properly into the receiver, it does not feed well. It will feed as long as I push up on the magazine, but then it will slide back down and I have to do the same for the next round. Nothing has changed for the rifle as far as I know. Any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic