Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help Identifying 2 Enfields

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 8:02am
+1 on that
303Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 4:29pm
FWIW,  it is a piece of history in its own right.  It is whole and is what it is (and looks pretty good).  I'd keep it that way.  And that muzzle 'flash hider' serves a valuable purpose.  Directs muzzle blast away from your ears!  I'd keep that too.
303Guy
Longshaor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longshaor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Rumpelhardt Rumpelhardt wrote:

Didn't they build a Jungle Carbine version of the No1 in Australia? A no6 maybe? Could this be what Golden State was trying to copy?

You're thinking of the Lithgow No 6 Mk I, which were only made in very limited numbers as the sudden end of the War in 1945 ended the need for a jungle carbine based on the No 1 rifle.  Production, IIRC, was under 100 rifles, so the No 6 is definately one of the rarer Enfields out there.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 12:25am
yes it is , and one i  have on my "list" alongside the HAK no2 mkI revolver - both ausie

and BTW i agree with 303 , keep it as is , it is a legitamate piece as the sante fe have become collectible in their own right and altering it will ruin that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic