FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first Enfield rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gerry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first Enfield rifle
    Posted: January 02 2007 at 2:49am
Hi hoadie   It  has a 18 3/4 Barrel  !8 is restricted.

Hi hoadie
183/4in  is non restricted 18in is restricted.
Cheers

Gerry
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Gerry Gerry wrote:

Hi Hoadie
M1 Carbine  is semi auto  5 rd mag.

Cheers

How'd you get around the barrel length law? We tried EVERYTHINHG, flash supreesors, Flash supressors permantantly affixed, barrel lenghtening etc..no cigar.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Gerry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 7:57am
Hi Hoadie
M1 Carbine  is semi auto  5 rd mag.
Cheers
Gerry
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 4:39am
See what i mean! an Enfield still looks sweet in the sport furniture. but i will have one of each when i do sporterize any mill. surp. I do the same thing for shooters I keep the best in the gun case and shoot the beat up one/ mix matched Sr.#  and so forth.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Tymber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tymber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 12:03am
 Sporterizing is something that I'd try to talk someone out of , unless the rifle is so buggered up that sporting is the only way to save it.
However , it's up to the owner to make that decision . Thats his right and I'll respect that ....but I'll still have my say...Wink
Finding extra stocks is the best way to take care of that "need" to sporterize , without damaging an original rifle .
Here's my No4Mk1* Longbranch .
It's an all matching original that I can change the stocks out for whatever "mood" i'm in.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 1:49pm
All jokes a side . I would'nt take to a really good enfield to sporterize it these days ! They are becomeing a rarity to find a good one (even over here ) This is why I'm restoreing my Old Mk1 (1902 ) to it's former glory !

Dave
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Gerry Gerry wrote:

Hi hoadie
Thanks it is a nice rifle shoots 3/8 at 25 Yds  11/2 at 100 yds. A post a while back you asked about Mags they are all pinned to 5 Rds for Rifles  and 10 rds for Pistols.

Cheers

Why are they pinned @ 5 rounds for rifles? The Lee Enfield (10 rnd) & the M-1 Garand (8 rnd, semi auto) are SPECIFICALLY exempted from the Canadian magazine law. If you need further confirmation, I have it in writing from Ottawa's federal lawyer,for the firearms centre.I even spoke directly with her, to make sure we were talkin bout the same things.If you need a copy-I'd be glad to forward it! TAKE OUT THE PINS, MYBOY!Emacipation is here!!
Haodie
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 8:17am
Sounds like a good plan WR
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 7:48am
WR: In MY opinion..you got nothing to gain by hacking her up, & everything to lose!! If you do it - & ya bugger it up - Dave will re-appear & say,"I told ya so!" Listen to Hatchet..Don't do it.
Hoadie
If you want a sporterised enfield buy one that has already been mutilated instead of defiling another pure one.
Hatchetman

O.K. Gentelmen, I Just cant bring my self to hacking up an old mil surp. stock, BUT i do know a place called Boyds gun stocks and he has some nice after market stuff. you can sporterize just about any mill surp rifle and turn around and bring it back to its original millitary condition with out destroying its history. all that is required is a box to store the original stock and metal till ya need it in the future. seen it done to a mauser. and me and stan just put a scope on a Yugo 24/47 without drilling and tapping any holes. and if he wants he can get a sweet little sporter stock to go with it. but he likes the mill. surp. stock it came with. i may just do one my self. with the same type scope. now i dont know if they make scope mounts like this for Enfields but i will have to dig around for that. but im sure they(Boyds) has stocks for the enfield. they have just about every thing else.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Gerry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 1:59am
Hi hoadie
Thanks it is a nice rifle shoots 3/8 at 25 Yds  11/2 at 100 yds. A post a while back you asked about Mags they are all pinned to 5 Rds for Rifles  and 10 rds for Pistols.
Cheers
Gerry
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 12:24am
Nice kit,Gerry!
Hoadie
Gerry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 9:42am
This is a Pic of my No7 Mk1 long Branch .22 1944
Gerry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 3:58pm
If you want a sporterised enfield buy one that has already been mutilated instead of defiling another pure one.

There is always room for one more in the safe.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 11:23pm
WR: In MY opinion..you got nothing to gain by hacking her up, & everything to lose!! If you do it - & ya bugger it up - Dave will re-appear & say,"I told ya so!" Listen to Hatchet..Don't do it.
Hoadie
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Hatchetman Hatchetman wrote:

nnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo dont do it WR

Imagine me sitting on one shoulder with horns & a Pitch fork saying go on do it ......Cut that wood work ! It will feel SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO Good & Hatchet man sitting on the other  with wings & a halo  saying resist the temptation WR

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM this is the things that the DTs are made of!LOL

Dave basicly ........Evil !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 4:25pm
nnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo dont do it WR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic