Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first Enfield rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 1:49pm
All jokes a side . I would'nt take to a really good enfield to sporterize it these days ! They are becomeing a rarity to find a good one (even over here ) This is why I'm restoreing my Old Mk1 (1902 ) to it's former glory !

Dave
Tymber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tymber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 12:03am
 Sporterizing is something that I'd try to talk someone out of , unless the rifle is so buggered up that sporting is the only way to save it.
However , it's up to the owner to make that decision . Thats his right and I'll respect that ....but I'll still have my say...Wink
Finding extra stocks is the best way to take care of that "need" to sporterize , without damaging an original rifle .
Here's my No4Mk1* Longbranch .
It's an all matching original that I can change the stocks out for whatever "mood" i'm in.

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 4:39am
See what i mean! an Enfield still looks sweet in the sport furniture. but i will have one of each when i do sporterize any mill. surp. I do the same thing for shooters I keep the best in the gun case and shoot the beat up one/ mix matched Sr.#  and so forth.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Gerry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 7:57am
Hi Hoadie
M1 Carbine  is semi auto  5 rd mag.
Cheers
Gerry
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Gerry Gerry wrote:

Hi Hoadie
M1 Carbine  is semi auto  5 rd mag.

Cheers

How'd you get around the barrel length law? We tried EVERYTHINHG, flash supreesors, Flash supressors permantantly affixed, barrel lenghtening etc..no cigar.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Gerry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 2:49am
Hi hoadie   It  has a 18 3/4 Barrel  !8 is restricted.

Hi hoadie
183/4in  is non restricted 18in is restricted.
Cheers

Gerry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic