Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Latest Gun Show Finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest Gun Show Finds
    Posted: February 17 2013 at 8:59pm
Travelled down to Penrith at the weekend, a Gunshow at the Panthers.
 On the way I dropped in to pick up a 1896 Enfield converted to a Sht. .22 Mk.II.

At the gunshow, I picked up 4 No.1 Barrels, one in 7.7x54, three light and one heavy, all in good nick.

Also found a 1920 Lithgow, all matching and a bag full of disassembled rifle that was a BSA Tiger, it looks like most of the bits are there, won't know until I start work on it.
 All in all, a good weekend for me.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 10:03pm
excellent day of shopping , i like that CondII trainer , looks to be complete and good nick , does it need a little cleaning of the furniture ?

i have read/heard conflicting info on whether these were fitted with the magazine box to catch the brass , but mine has one as well , it is one of the most accurate in my collection , i think you will like it
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 11:22pm
Love the Green grass you have right now !!  LOL!! Its still dreary wet and winter brown here in South Louisiana !!!!
Nice find on the Parts and Rifle !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 12:13am
Very nice!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 1:56am
Now THAT kind of shopping I can get into!
EnfieldNut82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnfieldNut82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 8:20am
Nice finds. I passed up a enfield for a k31 swiss rifle and am kicking myself in the ass for it now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 9:13am
There is nothing like the feel, smell, and history of a Lee Enfield.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2013 at 11:03pm
Good finds there muffet!
muffett.2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 5:16am
Well it's pouring rain here now, no Range for me today, bummer.
 Asquare, yes it did need a cleanup, and yes it got it, all back to original now with correct bolt, had to turnup a firing pin though, the other pin was short and I was not going to cut the endoff a  good 1900's pin, all it's missing now is the topwood/sightguard.
 There are a couple of other cosmetics to do yet, you can see the lock screw in the back of the bolt is ratsh*t, plus a couple of others with damaged heads, but if you were this old, you'd have wrinkles to.
 The magazine does not belong, they were left with a big hole, but I need something to cover it when it sits in the rack looking half naked.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 6:52am
i understand , its like there is something missing without that mag .....  as you will see if my picture loading experiment has succeeded i also keep one with mine , it only seemed respectable in the company of others to be properly done up ,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 6:56am
A square 10,

What is the bottom rifle?
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 7:00am

that is a Cond II , similar to his in this thread , ive got a bit or two that could stand correction tho , to elaborate a little , it is conversion of an 1896 lee metford to SMLE trainer version , compare to his very first photo ,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 7:05am
Very cool.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 4:36pm

.........and bloody nice furniture, I'll swap ya.Wink

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 10:20pm
its the second of two i bought , the first was far more worn and abused so its with another collector now , although it almost looks she!!aced in the photo its actually just the shine of the BLO in the flash , i had to wipe them all down when i staged them , it is a very accurate shooter and not overly fussy about the ammo i choose , likes the subsonic eley best tho it seems

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2013 at 4:14am
Well this bit has finally arrived to give me a matching(not Quite,different S/N) set.
 I will be getting to this ones assembly very soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic