Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Enfield Tee Shirt!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2013 at 6:01am
A tip for anyone wanting a custom-printed one off T-Shirt. These aren't feasable through places like cafepress as the setup costs are too high.

Make the picture, text or whatever you want a 300 DPI .JPG file. Go to Walmart.com & you can upload the image get a single t-shirt made & have it sent to the store for pickup. I don't remember the current price, but they used to be about $8.00 per.Wink
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2013 at 10:43am
Good plan.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2013 at 11:51pm
excellent plan , now to figure out exactly what a "300 DPI .JPG file." is and how to make one ......
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 1:29am
Let me see what I can do on finding a photo of Hoadie. We could have Hoadie's photo and the words "Do you know who this is?".

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 1:58am
Simple. a .JPG file is a "jpeg" type of image file. You may have them already as many cameras use .JPG to save pictures anyway. 300 DPI is just a resolution, you can usually set this up in most photo imaging software, just make the size 10" & set the pixel count to "3000".

You actually don't HAVE to make it 300 DPI, but when you send the file it gets converted to 300 DPI no matter what you sent. It takes time to "render" (process) the change & slows down the transfer if you use something else.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 2:13am
You can print your own, just get the special transfer paper, reverse the image and print it on your computer's printer, the iron on! thats how I made my Tee shirt. Costs the price of the shirt and a bit of ink.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 5:27am
You can do that as well! the Wally-World ones are dye (ink) printed so they tend to last longer than the transfer type as the color is actually inside the fabric weave.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 9:40am
I just sprung for a Enfield-Rifles.com Tee Shirt.  I plan on wearing it when I am pulling RO duty.
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 9:47am
Do we have those?
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 1:13pm
Eric posted the link earlier in the thread but here it is again

Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 1:05am
Yeppers we do. All sorts of other Enfield-Rifles goodies as well.Hug
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 3:35am
Thanks again for supporting the site, SW28fan!

Eric
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 6:23pm
We have forum shirts now? nice.
'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
mike16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2015 at 4:04pm
the shirt and the coffee  mug I get , the man purse makes me a bit nervous.  I's have to stain it with bore cleaner a bit before wearing that on the range.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2015 at 6:24am
Think of it as more of a "possibles bag" than a "Man purse"Tongue
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2015 at 8:29am
We always called 'em "Fag - bags"
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic