Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reloading > Reloading .303 British
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Putting a little light where the sun don't shine!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Putting a little light where the sun don't shine!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Putting a little light where the sun don't shine!
    Posted: August 19 2013 at 6:30am
This is the absolute best thing(s) I've done to my Dillon since I bought it!

No wrench thumbwheels on the powder meter adjustment! a couple of bucks each from Lowes/Home Despot & press on fitting:

& Disco lighting!
(For $12.00 with 10 free MS 76 batteries & a junker power supply from a non compatible WinDoze-7 accessory how can you NOT do this)?
These pictures were taken with no flash & normal room lighting plus my cantelevered desk light about 18" away. The flex-strip, self -adhesive & cut to length LED's are AWESOME!

Total installation time, about 15 minutes!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 7:20am
Very cool, I like it!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
303Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 12:02pm
Awsome!  I'm going to rush out and get me some of those lights. Ummm .... where does one get them?  Or something similar?
303Guy
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 8:57pm
I'm not sure if you have the same makers/retaillers in NZ, but any custom car parts place should have something similar. I got this set at K-mart in the automotive section. Wally World has pretty much the same thing as well.

The strip on the left side is full length (12") & the strip on the right has had the last set of 3 LED's removed as there is no place to stick them on the front right of the press. These can be cut at specific points indicated on the strip, basically every 3 LED's.

The company was "Pilot" & the model was "CZ-177W 2-piece white 12" led FLEXI-LITE"

Do pick from the back of the pegboard (to get fresher free MS-76's) & do check you get white & constant. There's lots of colors & flashing patterns.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 5:17am
And old vietnam sogs blasting out as you reload???? CCR?
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 6:11am
I missed out on Vietnam, being still in jolly old back then.
I did get a flashback of disco balls at the old Bristol "Top Rank Suite" with disco ball flickers & a snatch of "Geronimo" by The Shadows, though!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 7:26am
..Well I think its a GREAT innovation! Cudos Shamu!
I gotta do that when I start to re-load as well.(I'll have CCR playin loud..COSMOS FACTORY..& have flashbacks from wars I was never in! )
Sniff enough powder, & ya don't know WHAT will happen!
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 8:24am
Great idea! I'll check out the supply stores for these lights for my re-loading efforts. I am also thinking that other hobbies would benefit from this type of direct and up close lighting as well. High 5's Shamu!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 10:21pm
There are lots of variations on these high intensity LED lights, check them out. balls, strips that light the front or the edges (they are fairly directional, so you need to think it through before you get the wrong type) & other stuff you never even thought of yet.
Porogress I can actually like! Woot!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 4:32am
..30 years ago, NONE of us would've needed it..So, DON'T get old!
Funny how as we age, things begin to fill out and fall off..
Hoadie
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 6:19am
Don't forget the bits that move southwards. By the time I'm 100 I'l look like a hobbit as all my fur will be down on my feet!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 8:29pm
...oh, I see. So THATS what happened to Tony then.
He got crotchety as he aged, then the fur went to his feet.
(Must make for difficult times walking on waxed floors! )
Hoadie
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 9:05pm
Thanks God nothing has dropped of yet but, the fur is winning.

Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

..30 years ago, NONE of us would've needed it..So, DON'T get old!
Funny how as we age, things begin to fill out and fall off..
Hoadie
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 9:50am
i like this idea , ive been fighting getting the directional desk lamp in a proper position to illuminate but not interfere , great idea , and im hearing hendrix 
muffett.2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 6:28pm
C'mon Asquare, next thing you will be popping pills tooWacko
303carbine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 12:49pm
An ignition source right over open powder, now you know why they don't do this from the factory.
Better put in a disclaimer before some newb blows himself up.  But then again, I'm a resaerch technician and I  wouldn't want people pushing their ideas on me either.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic