Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did he mean?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2013 at 9:45pm
Its "newspeak" if I may borrow from George Orwell. The real meaning is unspoken & between the lines.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
sayak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 1:33am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

based on the armored vehicals being sent at very low cost to cities all over the country [we got one here last month] i suspect its to counter our tradition of "a rifle behind every blade of grass" that's prevented foreign invasion for all these years , 

he actually does say what he intends - its just not listened to or taken seriously , 
I suspect you are correct. Obama is currently purging the military of traditionalists and Christians, while embracing progressives, homosexuals and Muslims. He is indeed arming civilian agencies- yes, even Alaska got two of those vehicles you speak of- so there is forming a civilian "army" probably loyal to his ilk.

In recent years I have noticed Fish and Wildlife and U.S. Forest Service armed with Glocks and M&P 40s when I encounter them on the trails. My dad worked for the USFS for 30 years out on trails and never carried a sidearm (though he sometimes carried a rifle in bear country). These people scare me.

Recently a lead plant shut down because it could not keep up with EPA requirements. Lots of things happening that Americans should be very concerned about... if they would just look up from their dumb texting phones and pay attention.
I support hard work, creativity, freedom, responsibility and truth
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 11:33am
"................ if they would just look up from their dumb texting phones and pay attention.................."

thats not gonna happen - its getting worse , when two people text each other sitting next to each other in the back seat of a car im at a loss to have hope for the future , or hope for this country , 

im exposed to a lot of LEO and such every week , they love the toys they are getting and do not question the source as its nearly free , i hear very justifiable reasons for it being a good thing , what bothers me is the short sighted vision of most folks when it comes to big picture political plans , sure - taking hunting as an example , eliminate lead - what will it be next , everything equates to jobs and freedom , but when its gone its too late 
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 9:08pm
Yep. Out Lawing lead projectiles is a step towards total controle of Fire Arms ...If you take the ability to smelt and cast a lead round ..then you have the battle won before you take the weapons and the Ammo !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 9:09pm
I just had a "discussion" with a liberal friend about the U.N. Arms treaty.
He says its NOT a constitutional issue because the UN is external & the Constitution is internal, so they are separate issues.
My point to him was once in place it's easy to change something else to make it have an internal effect (beyond the obvious).
He says It'll never happen. Then Holder pushes for U.N. Treaties to over ride the constitution internally.
He seems to have gone deaf in both eyes because he's not responding to my "I told you so!" e-mails.
Cry
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 1:37am
"....He says It'll never happen...."    famous last words , we all know this to be a famous old liberal comment , its been a lie , remains a lie and shall continue a lie forever , 

whenever i hear those words i start ducking and watching my six 
Gun Nut 4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gun Nut 4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2015 at 4:02am
I'm a Canadian and that sounds a bit fish. It almost sound like he is trying to replace the old idea of having militia (the reason to have a well armed citizenry), which plays to your second amendment rights to bear arms. It almost looks like he's looking for a backdoor into promoting stricter gun control, by degrading the reasons, for your right to bear arms. 
Gun Nut 4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic