Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many deer in this snow drift?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many deer in this snow drift?
    Posted: January 08 2014 at 6:27pm
OK guys, here's something just for fun to see how observant you all are. This is a photo that was taken by a very good friend of mine who owns a small deer park. This photo was taken last year during the really heavy snow that we had. Have a really close look and see if you can spot how many deer are here in the snow.
I'll give you the answer in the next post!
Wounding is not an option!
Frenchieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2014 at 6:37pm
Did you spot all 5 deer then? I doubt it and it just goes to show resilient they are being buried in the snow and surviving by huddling together and sharing their natural body heat.
If you doubt that there were 5 deer then here's the proof - Both photos were taken by Peter Boddy just a few second apart!!

Edit: Peter Boddy (Who owns this deer park) is a very good friend of mine and has taught me an awful lot about deer management, stalking and shooting as well as being one of if not THE BEST Live Animal Capture Expert in the UK. If you appreciate reasonable photos of deer here's a link to the Deer Park Photo Gallery (And the rest of his web site which I have designed and manage) on Peter Boddy's "Live Animal Capture" web site, most of which I have photographed myself.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2014 at 7:30pm
Snow-as the northern peoples will tell you - is an excellent insulator.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Jon287 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon287 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2014 at 7:43pm
Beautiful photos!Thumbs Up
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their planet!!
Frenchieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Snow-as the northern peoples will tell you - is an excellent insulator.
Hoadie
It also obviously made for some first class camoflage for the deer too as only a couple were visible in the first photo!
On a "side note" - I have to admit that I do like to see a couple of inches of virgin snow on the fields where I shoot as it gives me a chance to see exactly what is moving all over the land!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 2:21am
i had identified four in the first photo , missed one of those rascals  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic