Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian Rangers new rifle chosen.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian Rangers new rifle chosen.
    Posted: June 29 2015 at 8:43am
Looks like they finally decided on the replacement for the ol' No4 Mk2. I thought it was supposed to be a Canadian design though?

" the Rangers new gun will have many of the same attributes as the SMLE, to include using a .30 caliber cartridge (the .308), a 10-shot detachable box magazine and a bolt action. It will be based on the Sako T3 CTR (Compact Tactical Rifle) but, seeing as the Rangers have to use their guns in whiteout conditions at -50 C weather, their version will have an oversize bolt and trigger guard so that it can be used with heavy gloves"

http://www.guns.com/2015/06/26/canadian-arctic-rangers-get-new-rifle-for-polar-bear-defense/
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 9:13am
I'll bet that goes down a treat with the Rangers.Unhappy If they can spend that amount of cash on new why not make the spares for enfields and market them to collectors??
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 9:40am
Great news!

I buy some of their old rifles and give them a good home.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 1:17pm
Supposedly they'll all be safely destroyed.
Idiots!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 1:45pm
You are correct Shamu. Our present Canadian government is too short sighted to think about selling the Enfields to collectors. Put them up for lottery or something?
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 3:44pm
Where do I send my letter of protests?

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 4:08pm
Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada...ATTN: Prime Minister S. Harper!

Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 5:26pm
Destroy!  Difficult to understand.  They are probably in good shape as well.
They should send them down here, and not endanger the lives of Canadians.  Wink
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 5:49pm
At 111 Wellington Street?

We should all write letters.

What is right is right.
flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 8:46am
There will be Facebook pages and Twitter accounts too. I think polite letters and postings to these might be the thing to do. It's not right to just have these historic artifacts destroyed.

Life is full of possibilities, 50% of them are likely to good....
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 12:05pm
I know guys, it makes me sick that they would ruin these guns, they are history. And our history at that. And they are long branches too. Im pretty upset. I very much so disslike out PM but he is pro guns so this kinda of surprizes me.. its a shame honestly. Im sure you people have the same feelings as me. Such a waste of history,guns, money, tine and effort. At the very least the people who have the guns now should he able to keep them after they are removed from service.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 1:24pm
Did anyone see the pricing?
Ca$1.2 million  for 125 rifles.
That's Ca$9,600.oo per rifle!

& I thought L39 & L42s were pricey!Shocked
daneko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 2:39pm
And what would have been wrong with. ruger scouts???
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by daneko daneko wrote:

And what would have been wrong with. ruger scouts???

They weren't expensive enough? Seriously, that's all I can come up with....
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2015 at 3:51am
9600 for a replacement rifle seems alot; but the problem with governments is people who make decisions often have no clue about what they're deciding on. Or it's back handers for contract's that are over priced. Who cares it's only tax dollarsClap
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2015 at 4:43am
Methinks this will come back to bite someone on the ass.
(Remember I said that)
Loose wimmen tightened here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic