Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Info for New Enfield Owners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Sporter Enfield

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 2:09pm
You can only use bolts & heads for the No4 or No5 rifle. No1 Mk3 (aka SMLE) wont fit or work & the No3 has no bolt head as its a totally different design.

This is one thing to be careful of with L-E numbering, its important to get the No, Mk & so on correct as a No1 Mk3 is totally different from a No3 Mk1.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 5:16pm
glad you nposted the nomenclature bit shamu i was about to go hoadie on the topic , its also relavent to sugest some simple internet research of the variations - or even better buy some reference books for a personal library , it will save $ and time & mistakes 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2015 at 6:28am
One day I'll remember to do some kind of compatibility chart of all the various NO, Mk & stars.
One day.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2015 at 10:55am
To clarify my earlier post regarding adjusting the head space. The numbers I refer to are those that are stamped on the bolt head! Not the type of rifle! The type of bolt heads are particular to the type.
 Your No4 rifle appears to have a 0 (zero) bolt head fitted. There are four sizes for the No4 rifle; they are 0,1,2 and 3. Each increase in number is a slight increase in length and therefore; a reduction in headspace. 
Apologies for any confusionEmbarrassed
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
waterzap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterzap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 5:47pm
I ordered a #2. Headspace should be much better now
waterzap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterzap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 9:47am
Not going to mess with this rifle. Just got a couple of Mk4 No2's in great condition. Thats enough for me to play with.
Is there an enfield classifieds where I can put it up for sale? $150 maybe? What is a good price?
waterzap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterzap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2015 at 6:27am
Sold it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic