Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All dressed up for the Ball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All dressed up for the Ball
    Posted: October 28 2015 at 3:03am
Had an Englishman come over in September to hunt black bear.
We had a very good time with him..he's quite a guy (He got his bear opening day - right off the hop!) All tolled there was 27 bears harvested from round the cabin area that week..nobody got the big one tho.
Anyway - we ended up back here in Niagara, & he took note about my Vimy Vet having a web sling that was "painted" (wrong sling)& flaking all over my uniform & paint getting into the works every time I handled it.
Well, he sent me a proper white buff leather sling (1912 Pattern, IIRC).
Now she looks quite the lady, I must say!!
..& Its in time for the 100th anniversary of Vimy Ridge, as well! (& I suspect the Legion & other groups will be making a fuss over the anniversary).
Loose wimmen tightened here
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 5:03am
C'mon, hoadie! You know better than to tease us and leave out pictures! That is going to be nice to have the proper parade sling. I have seen those painted ones and after time that paint just doesn't hold up too well.
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 5:15am
And the pics are where?? lol
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 6:24am
Photo of the rifle and sling only Hoadie please.

This is a family friendly board.

You can send the rest to my email.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 7:40am
Are you sure it was paint & not "blanco"?
Old dry blanco could easily look like flaking paint.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanco_%28compound%29
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 2:15pm
Either way Sham..it makes a mess.

As for the rest of you lot...I am a Techno-saur.I am challenged in the ways of modern electronic gizmos that are all the trend today(Heck, up until a couple years ago if I wanted to check out a website, I'd stick my head into the attic! Man, my VCR still flashes 12:00!! )

The only way I could post a pic on this forum, is if someone "held my hand" to walk me thru it.(..& I'd expect that individual to be gentle with me...CUZ I GET IRATE IN A HURRY!!
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 3:59pm
Open an account here this one is simple enough I can use it
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Either way Sham..it makes a mess.

As for the rest of you lot...I am a Techno-saur.I am challenged in the ways of modern electronic gizmos that are all the trend today(Heck, up until a couple years ago if I wanted to check out a website, I'd stick my head into the attic! Man, my VCR still flashes 12:00!! )

The only way I could post a pic on this forum, is if someone "held my hand" to walk me thru it.(..& I'd expect that individual to be gentle with me...CUZ I GET IRATE IN A HURRY!!

You should have told me this when I was up there last time !!!  ?Damn it!! I had Doobie with me , if I could not do it he could !!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 4:08pm
would love to see it , 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 4:59pm
Rhino - we DID discuss it..but kept putting it off cuz we was drinking or had no time..
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 5:08pm
Speaking of drinking...Hoadie your recommendation to try that Gibson's Rare was a great one! 2 nights into our hunting trip and me and one other guy finished that bottle and man was it SMOOTH! Going to make that elixir my regular hunting trip treat from now on, hopefully it shows up on the shelf. Problem is if I buy 2 bottles and even try to save one for next year I might be so tempted that it won't be there for that trip next year! Thx for the head's up!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 6:47pm
one does have to use a certain amount of restraint - too much of a good thing means you run out ....thats my story and im sticking to it , 
DairyFarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DairyFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2015 at 7:32pm

I'd expect that individual to be gentle with me...CUZ I GET IRATE IN A HURRY!!

Years back I was teaching my girlfriend, now wife, how to use Quicken. I explained nicely and gave her 2 chances to get it right, the third time was a slap on the back of the head. Ever since she really thinks hard about doing something I explained to her before doing it.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2015 at 6:13am
Hoadie.
You might try a damp paper towel wrapped round the old "painted" sling. If it is blanco all you have to do is re-wet it for a day or so & then rub it in with an old wet toothbrush.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2015 at 3:02pm
Why? I have a nice white buff leather PROPER sling, now
(Thanx for the advice, tho).
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2015 at 5:12pm

Rhino - we DID discuss it..but kept putting it off cuz we was drinking or had no time..

Use drinking ?????  Shocked   not us !!  Doobie maybe , Stan not so much !!!  he threw his beer out the second time we heard the bucket hit the tree at the cabin !!!!!

Yea!! We will blame it on Doobie , for all that drinking that was done !!!!!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic