Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Assault Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilysDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assault Rifle
    Posted: November 09 2015 at 5:25am
I'm concerned about the definition of an assault rifle and the effect that it may have on the Lee Enfield in the future. The biggest problem I see is the 10 rd. magazine. I understand there used to be a source for a 5 rd. magazine. Do you think there is any chance of that coming back?
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 6:42am
I think it'll be a cold day in he!! before they manage to wangle the assault rifle rubbish on a C&R bolt action.
You can also easily convert a 10-rounder to a 5-rounder if you need to.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
LilysDad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilysDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 10:34am
Perhaps you or someone could teach us how?
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 10:54am
load five rounds measure how far the floor is away from the top and add 1/4 inch to that measurment then send a self tapping screw/rivit throuh the side of the mag a that distance from the top. and grind most of the head off.

or come up throuh the bottom of the mag with a screw and nut inside to lock it. ,adjust lenght for amount of she!!s you want.

Or take the mag apart and place a block of wood under the
spring that is about the heiht of 5 rounds then put the mag back together.

Loads of options. cut he bottom off you mag. remove a inch or two of lengh then resolder/tack weld/ the bottom back on..

On the sks rifles they weld a little pin on the bottom of the follower so it cant be depressed deeper then 5 rounds. im sure you could thread the follower and just use some threaded rod. that way you dont have to weld it (incase you dont have acces to one)

On my no4 i have a mag thats been cut down and the bottom tacked back on.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 11:31am
I imagine should the worthless, incompetent, vile, feces brained, inept, Nazi/Communist politicians inflict this; someone will start making 5 round magazines
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 11:37am
I would have thought that an assault rifle would be either fully or at least semi automatic and probably load more than 10 rounds. In France bolt action rifles are not classed the same as semi automatic.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 12:13pm
In canada it has to have select fire from semi to auto  to meet the deffinition of assault rifle. but the rcmp and gov will call any "black gun" an assault rifle aswell as all AR's. he!! even the sks is called an assault rifle by the rcmp. they are using the media to change assault rifle to any semi auto rifle that is used by a military within the world. lee enfields will never be on the list. canada aslo has 5 round max mag laws On semi's.(and 5 rounds max in any centerfire for hunting), and no limit on boltaction guns. also chain fed guns are fine where they are not in a mag. they dont count. so get your sks firing chain fed ammo and your fee and clear.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 12:49pm
Take the Ruger 10/22 for example. Here in Canada, you can have as many rim fire rounds in your magazine as you wish. I had this discussion with one of our hunting buddies this year. He didn't know that and still didn't believe it. So, upon return home I stopped off at the local gun shop with him and the old fellow told him what I had told him was true so now he believes it. I concur with what evanguy posted.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 1:43pm
Rimfire rifles have no limit on ammo in your mag/drum. you can have 10,000 rounds loaded in a drum lol. but rimfire pistols have a ten round max limit. as do al pistols in canada.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 1:46pm
I actually bought a P-H 5-round magazine recently. The intention was to have something visibly not a 10-rounder if I went hunting an an area with hunting mag capacity limits.

I'll probably never ever use it. But just in case at some future time.

As has been said the conversion is simple & there are several ways to do it. If I ever had to I'd make a "U" shaped alloy bar & bolt it to the bottom of the magazine through the drain hole with an external bolt into a threaded hole in the bar. That way even the insane California "needs tools to remove" condition is met.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 8:04pm
i think those that hunt will find what they need , 

i think those that seek to desecrate the constitution will see the tables turned  - for those here 

but since this is an international site and for those that do not live here - i think the day of reckoning is coming for the crowd that wants to make us like every other country on the globe [ no matter what persuasion] it will not happen - there are far too many with their own agenda that think otherwise - and we will always be armed 
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 11:16pm
The more I hear about restrictions in the USA and Canada it is beginning to make me glad  we don't have such a mess with legislation. OK we can't have pistols or semi auto centerfire rifles, due to a knee jerk reaction by the government after Hungerford and Dunblane. If I wanted a 10 round mag on my rifle for hunting there's no problem, semi auto shotguns come with a crimped magazine giving 2 rounds in the mag and 1 up the spout, if I could provide the police with reasonable proof I needed a 9 round shotgun for practical shotgunning or heavy pest control it would be entered on my section 1 certificate. Semi auto 22 rimfires are 10 a penny and no restrictions, you want a moderator on your rimfire or centerfire rifle you can have 1 no drama. If I turned up with some of the kit we use over here the Customs would have a fit.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

LilysDad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilysDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

I think it'll be a cold day in he!! before they manage to wangle the assault rifle rubbish on a C&R bolt action.

Thank you all for considering my thoughts. I know that the thought of an old, worn army rifle being an assault rifle is silly to our way of thinking. Still, you can never imagine what some politician with their uninformed all inclusive legislating might do.

I (think) I remember back when the Brady Bill first got passed. There were two pistols made by Walther; a model PP and a model PPK. The only difference was the length of the grip/magazine. Because of the arbitrary rules, one could be imported and one could not.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 7:29am
You're thinking of the PPK/S & The PPK/S American. That ludicrous add the numbers together to meet a total rubbish "Head Count" that (as usual) did nothing.

"The PPK/S was developed following the enactment of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA68) in the United States, the pistol's largest market.[12] One of the provisions of GCA68 banned the importation of pistols and revolvers not meeting certain requirements of length, weight, and other "sporting" features into the United States. The PPK failed the "Import Points" test of the GCA68 by a single point. Walther addressed this situation by combining the PP's frame with the PPK's barrel and slide to create a pistol that weighed slightly more than the PPK.[3] The additional ounce or two of weight of the PPK/S compared to the PPK was sufficient to provide the extra needed import points."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_PPK

They just repealed the "ballistic fingerprinting" case registry in MD. The cases were collected, along with a $35.oo fee for each firearm transfer case. Then they threw them (unopened) is scads of 55-gallon drums & ignored them as a "crime fighting tool".

Now they're blaming the failure on "Lack of Funding" having spent $5,000,000. They took in $10,500,000 & "cant account for the balance"./Censored

Gun Nut 4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gun Nut 4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2015 at 3:02am
I picked up a five round capacity magazine at a gun show in the fall. It was in-scripted Parker- Hale, I attempted to put into a No. 1 Mark III rifle, it wasn't the right fit. So referenced, the Parker - Hale .303, to discover, it was model on the No. 4 Mark I. So I got out my Mark I and tried it. It fit fine. It would appear at some point they must have made a minor adjustment to the magazine receiver port, in moving from the Mark III's to the Mark I's. I've had no problem switch the ten round mags between the two rifle, but this five round mag appears to be only design to work in the Mark I's. As far as the capacity of the magazine making the .303 less of an assault firearm I shouldn't worry. To my knowledge the Pattern 1914's were only ever design to hold five round. What gave the .303 its assault potential was the ability to be loaded with strip clips. They say that in the hands of a well trained soldier they were good for 60 rounds a minute. Switching out magazines won't get you that rate of fire, so I can only image it was reached by the use of strip clips. On the Mark III, the loading ring gives them strip clip loading ability, in the Mark I and the Pattern 1914 dipoles were engineered into the receiver above the magazine to facilitate the use of these clips. I've seen many cases, where in an effort to sportorizes these firearms, in particular the Pattern 1914, the dipoles for the strip clips have been ground away. I've even come across a Mark III's where the loading rings have been removed. Where this has happen these rifles become rather insipid for the purposes of making an assault. The same holds true, if you don't have a supply of strip clips, for rifles inwhich this capacity has not been ruined. Hope this will ease your mind.
Gun Nut 4
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2015 at 5:24pm
for the record - there are 5 round mags for these , 

and another solution is a wooden plug beneath the spring can be fixed with a fastener thru the drain hole if desired , 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic