Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Farmer Killed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 5:38am
Got a guy here named Shaun.
He joined up with us to hunt deer last year..& ice fishing this year.
He left Zim for that same reason.
Its a shame what they have let these countries turn into..
Loose wimmen tightened here
ikesdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

I guess its illegal to just shewt 'em & drag the carcasses out for the jackals eh?

I have heard that it has been done before.
Pro Deo et Patria
DairyFarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DairyFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 7:11am

I guess its illegal to just shewt 'em & drag the carcasses out for the jackals eh?
The law here says that life is worth more than property, regardless of the value of the property. So unless you are in imminent danger, that you cannot get away from, you may not legally take a life (and to that end use, produce, or threaten to use a firearm) to protect property.

In other words, if I am in my house, behind security gates and guards and a firearm wheeling thug climbs over my razor wire electrified fence, shoots my dogs and threatens harm to me, I MAY NOT draw my firearm, point it at him, fire a warning shot, or EVEN say that I am going to use my firearm.

The moment he breaks through my security gate I may then use REASONABLE force to stop him harming me. Unless there is a chance that I could escape out the back door. In which case I will be asked in court why I did not take that opportunity to escape.

There are very easy ways to get rid of a body. No CSI where I live.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 9:06am

Jackals have to eat too.

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 2:42pm
My brother is in a wheel chair.(Got a bad deal, nothing he did) Thugs were breaking in & ripping him off - so he got a dog.
By-law said you have to have a sign: " Beware of dog". He put it up.
Clowns came over the fence one night. Dogs (2) did what dogs do...
In court their lawyer said" You're supposed to post warning signs about dogs on premise."
David said "I did"
Lawyer said: " So you KNEW these dogs were dangerous!"

WTF...the criminals win..what else can u do?

Time was - not long ago here - if u had a dog, u got a discount on your insurance...not N E more
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 4:48pm
"...The law here says that life is worth more than property, regardless of the value of the property. So unless you are in imminent danger, that you cannot get away from, you may not legally take a life (and to that end use, produce, or threaten to use a firearm) to protect property...." 

in the cases of these dead farmers , it seems that law is extremely one sided - do not their lives [now lost] have value ? they were targeted as well correct ? i bet they might do different given a second chance 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DairyFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 7:04am
Unfortunately this happened in January. It has become a soap box for certain political parties to voice there opinions.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2016/02/19/Killing-of-two-black-farm-workers-exposes-South-Africas-faultlines

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 9:10am
They should have dumped the bodies in The Groot & let the crocs deal with the evidence then simply asked what killing?
Evil Smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 5:40pm
..I get the impression this wont get better any time soon..& a lot of blood may be spilled.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 7:27pm
"... It has become a soap box for certain political parties to voice there opinions...." 

isnt that always the way ? we are attacked and we die - it becomes a "political talking point"- instead of a legal/police issue , find the perps - convict them -punish them , make sure it does not happen again , 
the role of government is to keep us safe - they all fail 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 7:38am
here!here! A Sq: You hit on the head, there.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 9:44am
That is why I live in North Carolina and carry a gun.

I am thinkng about about increasing my home security, going from two dogs to three.

Thinking about a blue tic or maybe another pit bull.

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 4:25pm
..Actually, geese are a great security system..wont get near the place without them kickin up a fuss! (They do a real stroke o' business on insects, too!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DairyFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 7:00pm
Geese also keep the snakes at bay.

Its good to have three dogs. Two must be big and aggressive, but quiet. The third must be one of those high strung yappers, like a Jack Russell. The little dog will be constantly patrolling, while the other two say quiet and pretty much out of site. If something crosses the boundary the little one goes crazy. From nowhere the two big ones come charging.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 2:27am
..at the end of the day, the point is that no - one should have to live in a "state of siege" or "fortress". Its a sad statement about the times, & how inadequate the laws are.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 5:42am
The Romans used geese instead of dogs a guards.
Maybe they knew something?
Agreed living in a self-made prison camp is no way to live.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic