Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New guy reporting in...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New guy reporting in...
    Posted: March 27 2016 at 11:29am
Hi guy's, just a short note of introduction...
My name is Brian, I live in the north east corner of North Wales, UK. I've been shooting air rifles for some time but have never owned a 'real' gun. I am in the process of putting that right, I've recently reserved my first real rifle - Lee Enfield #4 mk1* Long Branch dated 1943. Here in the UK Licensed gun ownership is a lengthy procedure. Cutting a long story short - it could be August, or even later, before I can collect my new (old) LE. In the meantime I'm doing all the research I can to prepare myself for that glorious day....
I hope to be able to gather some of that knowledge from your forum, and in the fullness of time return the compliment by assisting other future new members.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2016 at 11:53pm
Not too far from me, I'm out in the backwoods between Blackpool and Preston. Good luck with your ticket I hear cheshire police can be awkward with gun aplications. Lancashire police on the other hand are brilliant (possibly because they know me) and before Hoadie or Patio furniture get a shot in I'm squeaky clean.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 4:31am
I'll say he's "Squeaky"..especially in his bill-fold area!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 4:33am
Hi and welcome! There's a lot of us about!
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 5:30am
Another Welcome

Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Not too far from me, I'm out in the backwoods between Blackpool and Preston. Good luck with your ticket I hear cheshire police can be awkward with gun aplications. Lancashire police on the other hand are brilliant (possibly because they know me) and before Hoadie or Patio furniture get a shot in I'm squeaky clean.

That is a good joke.

I hear you have a Scotish wallet, one made with lots of velcro, screamed when opened.

Welcome to the board.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 7:28am
..when tony opens his billfold(only to let the moths out) it sounds just like a squeaky door hinge!!
So...they're letting Welsh-men to have firearms??
Loose wimmen tightened here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 7:38am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

..when tony opens his billfold(only to let the moths out) it sounds just like a squeaky door hinge!!

Hoadie,

I am ashamed of you for picking on the Welsh!

My Mother's family was Welsh before they came to the States.

They showed up in Wales around 1066 for a great King killer party and stayed.

And no we are not French.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
bhodge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 8:03am
Thanks for the welcome guy's.
I'm going to like it here.... I think!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 8:57am
Taffy's had guns for ever.
Wink
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 7:19pm
welcome , i think you will find a lot of reading to fill the time while waiting in the threads here , and yes lots of great info to be gleaned , make the contribution of photos when you get her in hand , in the meantime enjoy some of ours .......

many of us have longbranches - ive a '42 mkI* and a '45 Cno7 - center two in this photo as well as a mkI/3 ive not photo'd yet , and yes it was a mkI no star to start with  , 

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 10:26pm
Here is the most elusive of the Longbranch Family a 1941 No Star
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 8:23am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

There are no moths in there. Only a pay slip from the Boer war and Victorian scrip.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 6:48am
Welcome to the ward !!!  the nurse will be around soon with our meds !!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 8:08am
Matron is back?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 9:26am
Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

Welcome to the ward !!!  the nurse will be around soon with our meds !!!!

We get meds?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic