Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TGIF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 10:10am
Yes they are accurate !!!!  I used to shoot one in Jr ROTC back in High School !!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 4:50pm
i converted an 03A3 that someone had faked into an 03A4 to a 22cal , 

25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 5:19pm
Nice job.  But your going to mess up those architectural drawings.
Did you put those notches in the stock for the bolt handle and cutoff?
I am finishing a scant stock for the A303 with pure tung oil and although I don't need a notch for the bolt handle, I may need it for the cutoff.  I didn't notice the notch in the old stock before starting the tung oil.  I was thinking of using a rasp and then 400 grit sand paper.  Or not using the cutoff for singles.  The stock is coming out nice and I hate to mess it up.  The stock is an unissued original.
I would appreciate any input.
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 7:20am
Very nice!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 2:26pm
Took years to find the .22 magazine. One day I was at the LGS talking to the owner and he mentioned he had an M22 magazine I could have. I almost fell over.

Another hard to find item Sent to me from my UK friends.

Pura Vida
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 6:13pm
"Nice job.  But your going to mess up those architectural drawings." - nope that was years ago - that building is getting old now - much like me ...........i did this back in a day when i had lots of these drawings available for this purpose , 
this was a bubba 03A4 that was messed up so bad the rifle was not to be fired anymore , 

"Did you put those notches in the stock for the bolt handle and cutoff?" NO , the cutoff notch is original , the bolt notch modification was done when bubba turned a nice 03A3 into a fake 03A4 including bending the bolt - i will admit it worked , my conversion to 22cal was complicated by having to incorporate that modified bolt body into the purchased military 22 cal bolt i bought , some of this project was a challenge but it was all a pleasure , it shot very well when complted , my nephew is shooting rabits in his garden with it these days , 
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 6:26pm
The drawings brought back memories of when I did design/build electrical with a drawing board and pencil or sometimes ink.  Today it's all cut and paste computers.
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 7:49pm
I can see I am dealing with the unwashed here. LOL

I use the center fold from the first Play Boy from 1953 to clean Mosin Nagant rifles on.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 8:13pm
i hear you , i drew with pencil [multiple leads to get the right line]then to ink , had a full set of pens , drew on drafting table with a T-square then machine or parallel bar and triangle - did my perspectives with the curves and underlay grids , i guess time has passed us by my friend , 

no one would value those talents today , i can still run a slide rule , started college with that technology and in my third year they had the fancy calculators by HP and texas instruments , so much has changed in our lifetimes , when we are gone - no-one will remember those methods either , starting to feel like my grandparents that went from horse and buggy to horseless carriage and flying machines , 

i sold off all my big drafting equipment back before it was actually obsolete , i gave away [to a good friend ] my last remaining drafting machine - a 1950s small arm machine of my fathers - he intends to actually use it this summer for a few projects , i can no longer see to use my scales and such , so i gave him all of that as well , 

its hard looking back at all the money spent on that equipment and thinking im no longer capable of using it , its a real pleasure working with the young folks that do our "detailing" drafting these days they can produce such accuracy in so little time in such a consistent manner , im so happy to know these "new draftsmen" and sorta understand how they do what we worked so hard at so many years ago , ours work in 3d models that would have made our mental work so much easier , 

i am blessed to have always seen things in 3d when it came to the drawings , so many cannot , im no sculpter but i see in 3d with every 1d plan - even if only in my imagination , still an architect - designer at heart , 

25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2017 at 1:15pm
I was an electrician, not an engineer, and was always able to see the building in the drawings.  Probably comes from laying out the walls for conduit before the pour and then seeing the whole office and warehouse appear, bit by bit, some months later.  Ended up in the office drawing and estimating.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2017 at 7:22pm
you sir are just like my son - he started as an apprentice and has just done as you did , we shall see if it works out for him , i had lunch with him and his family [my lovely daughter -in -law and two magnificent grand children ] he is quite happy at this point , 

i gota ask him about my box - the obsolete breakers are driving me nuts , 
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 12:37pm
Hit the kid up for a new panel.  It's a Sat. morning for him and a buddy, while you play with the kids.
Good luck to your boy.  He should know that his day will no longer be over at 4:00, the job goes home with you, and when he starts dealing with customers the stress will come.  No discouragement intended, just to be aware.  I did it for forty years and provided a good life for my family.
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 9:08am
RIP my friend.

............MJ...............
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 3:36pm
RIP ? Did I miss something??!
Loose wimmen tightened here
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

RIP ? Did I miss something??!

I would say so.

Master Swiss marksman, Poet, Collector or marksmanship books dating from the 1500's, Expert motorcycle racer and instructor. Owner of one of the most successful BMW/Triumph and KTM dealerships. All around Zen firearms instructor, father and nice guy. A good friend.

paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 7:50pm
I am sorry for your loss.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic