Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Ishapore Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need a part

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Libby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need a part
    Posted: June 29 2016 at 6:06am
Rear sight elevation lock screw.
Libby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2016 at 5:52am
Sorry, I didn't look far enough down the page to find the little bitty parts....... Thank you folks......
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2016 at 4:15am
I'm sure the .303 parts are the same if it's only the slide you need.

The link posted by Archer Six has the parts you want, they are near the bottom of the page; button and spring. I assume the slide lock is still in place (has the wheel on the opposite side from the button.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Libby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 12:18pm
That hole there on the left hand side of the elevation leaf. It has a spring under it.
Libby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 12:16pm
Libby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 11:39am
Thanks for the encouragement, I will attempt to upload a pic.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 12:16pm
A photo of what you need or so we can see what's missing will help a lot. I think the rear sight slider is similar to the .303 and it's just the blade thats graduated differently because of the change in the sight ramp form underneath. 
Someone with more knowledge of the Ishapore rifles can probably confirm (or contradict) that
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Libby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 7:18am
Sights are different than English. I have the one that only goes up to 800m.
Libby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 7:16am
Thank you sir. I had already searched all those and more before I joined this forum. I will continue .........
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 7:14am
IIRC the Indian made ones were an almost exact copy of the Brit ones so there's a good chance you could use British screws.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
ArcherSix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcherSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 6:30am
I can't find one specific to an Ishapore. Maybe a British one will work? Numrich lists the individual parts for a #1 Mk III here:

Otherwise you might have to search ebay or gunbroker
Libby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2016 at 10:41am
Hey, he!!o..... anybody know where I can get a part for this rifle?
Libby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 6:47pm
I just got a rifle 7.62 mm 2a1 1966. I have owned one before, never needed parts, here goes. On the left side of the rear sight there is a screw missing that looks like it should have been some kind of button to lets the leaf rise and change your elevation. I cant find one anywhere. Can anyone please help?
Thanks, Libby
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic