Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings LE fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickoshay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings LE fans
    Posted: July 07 2016 at 1:43pm
he!!o there fellow Enfield fans
Have been visiting your site through numerous search engines (the inevitable headspace and case separation quest) and thought to sign up, so "he!!o'.

A bit about my LE life...
I own a 1948 No4Mk1, Fazakerley made rifle as a shooter, and 1916 SMLE No1MKIII converted to .410 smoothbore.  The latter was my first ever firearm/shotgun bought from WorldWide Arms in 1987.  I was 17 years old back then.  Over the years that rifle has suffered various changes in the UK law and now has a welded and fixed magazine and blocking plate - such a shame, but I could never part with it I shot everything you could shoot legally with that!  The No4 sports a Parker 8/53 rear sight on the very excellent elevation adjustable rear sight, it has a remarkably clean barrel and think it was at one point in service in SA.
I have always collected historical edged weapons and have every type of Enfield bayonet less the very rare EM2;  in the 90's I exchanged 10 mint, unissued 1947 Poole No5's for a 1st Pattern Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife...I still have the knife....but gather those bayonets are quite hard to find these days!

I do reload and have the dies for 303BR but not yet reloaded any of my some 300 cases of fired brass.  Looking in the site for experience of this and also how to remedy those case separation signs - XHP brass.

So, in sum I like Enfields, the rifles, the bayonets, the accessories, the history - and think you probably all do too! Cheers

"Fall when hit.."
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2016 at 3:29pm
You have a PM.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2016 at 6:02pm
Welcome to the site! Those #5 bayonets in unissued condition are definately hard to come by! I have a few Fairbairn/Sykes blades as well, great knives!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2016 at 9:55pm
Welcome to the board.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2016 at 10:20pm
Welcome to the nut house, Rickoshay! Also, my last name is Shea.... formerly O'Shea..... So I like you already! Big smile  Yes, I do realize your forum name is just a play on a word, but I have to enjoy what I can grasp at Wink
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2016 at 5:10am
Welcome aboard.
You don't say if your dies are "full length" or "neck" resizing types.
Please let us know because the two types are treated differently for correct resizing.
Also is you bolt serial number the same as the one on the receiver, this is also important so we can give you good, accurate information.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic