Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do we like Enfield's?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 7:49am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

...See! Told ya I weren't no gnome!!

Baby pics?

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 9:12am

...See! Told ya I weren't no gnome!!

That is not true, it only a old folk tale.

A story you tell your children to make them do as they are told or stay in bed or Hoadie will get them.

Hoadie was made in the old north wood and use a Enfield crate as a crib.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 5:35pm
i like that but i remember being told of trolls & gargoyles - i only found out about gnomes after i was older , 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

i like that but i remember being told of trolls & gargoyles - i only found out about gnomes after i was older , 

And when you did find out about it you where scared, be very scared about what is hiding in the dark.

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

We just do we are born that way.

Hoadie wasn't born he was moulded at a Gargoyle factory!

I thought it was gnomes Tony?
ikesdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2016 at 12:20am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

the sante fe s[porters are not really enfield per se but yet their origins are there , these are sporters that were built on original equipment so to speak , they do have a following and are collectible in their own right these days , 

im not a sporter collector but should the right one come along at the vright price id be hard put not to put my cash down - i might bemoan the rifle that gave its life for that but i suspect id love it just the same , 

Not Enfields ??? Well they certainly aren't Mosins. So what the he!! are they then ?
Pro Deo et Patria

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2016 at 9:23am
Hoadie bait.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2016 at 10:18am
Hoadie denies being a gnome so he must be a gargoyle.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2016 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Hoadie denies being a gnome so he must be a gargoyle.

Or a mix of both!
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2016 at 4:28am
...well we all have a bit of Neanderthal in us. Apparently.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2016 at 5:35am
NEANDERTHAL??!! You better be speaking fer yerself & Paddy-O, boy-o!

I'll have you know I'm Cree,French, Irish & English!! (Neanderthal, indeed! )

& I have more than ONE eyebrow!
Loose wimmen tightened here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2016 at 8:05am

NEANDERTHAL??!! You better be speaking fer yerself & Paddy-O, boy-o!

I'll have you know I'm Cree,French, Irish & English!! (Neanderthal, indeed! )

& I have more than ONE eyebrow!

Wow !

I have awaking the sleeping tiger.

I have nothing to say as I own a Ghillie suit, have only one eyebrow, one of my early people was called "Ug-Lee",I am half Canadian, and I own a Ross Rifle.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2016 at 2:53pm
Why do we like our Enfields? Well, this little community is another reason why! We may get off topic at times, but we have fun and laugh with and at each other now and then. That makes it so much better in my book!
hybridfiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybridfiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2016 at 6:26pm
My grandfather used one in WWII. He taught me how to do the 'Mad Minute'.
My father carried one in the 50s during National Service in Germany.
It was the first high powered rifle I ever shot aged 13. I trained with them in Army Cadets. It is slick, reliable and accurate (well mine is). 
They are part of my history as a Brit.
saffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 9:42am
My first rifle was a no4 MKI. Now I have a No1 Mk3. Use that for target. Really love this rifle
Not a complete idiot. Still missing a few parts.
Ecclectic Collector View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecclectic Collector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2016 at 4:57am
Yesterday I shot the 1939 Ishpore I paid off and brought home earlier this week.  I'd spent the day before doing some detail work on the wood, and a quick check with my headspace gauges.  Finally put some elbow grease on the bore which surprised me with how clean it was once the combination of cosmoline and dust was scrubbed out.  

Once again the entire experience of shooting an Enfield was so pleasant.  My group was a bit low and to the right, but even with an unknown rifle I had a nice grouping of shots, all done without the aide of a spotting scope.  

The Enfield is just such a fine shooter's rifle.  Clap
Enfields are like chips, can't stop at just one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic