Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

S&K Scope Mount Mk1*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: S&K Scope Mount Mk1*
    Posted: August 28 2016 at 11:36am
Hi,

I want to use my Long Branch Mk1* as Hunting rifle. So I need a good scope mount. Here in Germany we can order the S&K mount. Does anyone use this mount? Is it possible to remove the bolt without removing the mount? I ask because I want to glue the mount but I also want to remove the bolt if want to clean the rifle.

Thank you and greetings from germany
Duffy
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2016 at 1:42pm
Is it a No1 or a Mk1? Those are different guns.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Duffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2016 at 1:55pm
No4 Mk1* Long Branch. Sorry for confusion
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 5:09am
No problem, just wanted to make sure I was talking about the correct mount.
I have one on my No5 & it works fine & holds zero perfectly.
I went with the version using their own mount system, instead of the Weaver rail. It lets you sit the scope lower.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 1:39pm
Nice rifle, Shamu!!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 5:07pm
i agree with the request for stipulation shamu but longbranch only made the number 4 in mkI & mkI*, thats why i let it go , so often its a BSA thats asked about - so many possibilities , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 8:24am
Ok I missed that.
Question, is the LB the exact same shape as the Savage,or is it the Britsh pattern on the left side receiver wall?
(I ask because I had a Savage No4 Mk1* & it wouldn't take the olod German-made ND/NT mounts because of the angled portion at that point.)

olskool View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2016 at 3:53am
i have an original steel S&K mount on my no5 and it works well. I just bought a new one and it looks nice but I haven't put on anything yet.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2016 at 4:58pm
nice looking rifle - these days if i were shooting distance with my enfields i would have to ount a scope to see well enough , that setup looks terrific on your rifle , 

i have always admired shamus no4 setup , its probably the direction i would go should i head down that path again , but your no5 is tempting 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic