Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Enfield (No1Mk3*) and love it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracer71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Enfield (No1Mk3*) and love it
    Posted: September 27 2016 at 9:21pm
he!!o all. I am former yank military and currently in Law Enforcement. I just bought by first Enfield this weekend. No1Mk3* 1918 BSA Co. I would like to get some help with ID'ing marks and suggestions on round loads.

I would like to post pics, but thought I read somewhere about resizing them. Is this still the case?

Also, I went to the range on Sunday and fired 150gr rounds. But read somewhere for the rifle to be more accurate, a 174gr or a 180gr load is more effective. Thoughts? (I do not reload at this time, but I am working on that).

Look forward to all the advice/help. Thanks
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 4:37pm
not to be a snob - but your rifle is a mkIII* , that is important because india used the mk3 designation , BSA never did , these little nuances can mean the difference between good and faulty info , photos will help when you get to them , 

i think others here can answer your load question to your satisfaction , 
Tracer71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracer71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 6:22pm
Not snobbish at all...I am here to learn. Every little bit helps. 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2016 at 5:12am
The loads are an individual preference thing (the rifle's not yours), some prefer 158 & some others 174 or 180.
Unfortunately the only way to tell is to try several & see what it likes. I'd suggest getting the Prvi Partizan in the blue & white boxes to do this, they make both & you can keep the brass for reloading later. Don't let the PPU price put you off its premium ammo.
In case you don't know ALL British Misurp .303 is corrosive, clean accordingly & promptly.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic