Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A odd ball find!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A odd ball find!!!
    Posted: October 22 2016 at 7:07am
Has anyone on here seen this before ????  I just stumbled upon this ....hope the link works !!

https://warisboring.com/a-crude-rifle-for-desperate-times-fcfeaf3c3fad#.eswh5s7ky

You may have to copy and past in a search window on google of something !
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2016 at 8:04am
Wow that's frightening.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2016 at 9:23am
Works for me!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2016 at 2:25pm
I'd like one, that's for sure but prototypes are in the museum so....pictures will have to suffice.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2016 at 6:08pm
..I imagine they would've even used slinshots rather than roll over, with ole Winnie @ the fore!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2016 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

..I imagine they would've even used slinshots rather than roll over, with ole Winnie @ the fore!!

Something the present heads of state could emulate. (I nearly said leaders but that would be a contradiction of terms)
Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.   

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2016 at 8:32pm
Old Adolf didn't invade for the simple reason he'd heard about my granny and her temper. I could see her marching down to the invasion beach and battering them with the old flat iron and cast iron skillet. Half a dozen like her would have taken Berlin in a week Big smile.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2016 at 9:57pm
Have seen that rifle before, Think it was in Skennerton's "The British Service Lee"
Bet it kicked with that little narrow steel butt-stock!  Nasty!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2016 at 10:08pm
Shoulder breaker for sure. Need extra fabric on the tunic shoulder area.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 5:03pm
That makes my shoulder hurt just looking at it.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 5:21pm
Yah, that's for sure. Only a face a mother could love....the thing is butt ugly!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 6:24pm
..aint that the way it is with most military procurments??
Part of the contract states: "& must be as ugly as can be made".
Just look @ military trucks...or the F-4 Phantom - that was so ugly it was beautiful!!(Kinda like going so far west-u come up t'other side! )
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 9:15pm
ok , ill admit to it being my first exposure to this one , i need to go back out in my library [in the sitting room outside my bedroom door] and look at the bible again to see it im in error .....i believe it might well have been a prototype but im not convinced its one i need to seek for my collection yet 

he!! , im still looking for a decent P13 and mkVI and a HAC for that matter [which should have been first on this list BTW] 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic