Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting times for US politics!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting times for US politics!
    Posted: November 17 2016 at 9:49pm
Good post A-Square, and in your earlier post, you clearly weren't brought up right if you didn't learn to throw tantrums!  LOL
I wasn't brung up right either!

Shamu,
Me no poet either, but saw it in a "This England" magazine and it resonated.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2016 at 8:42pm
im not going to say there is a new world rising but this is worth the read and contemplation - i know there are other areas of the country with such enclaves of thinking ---

Trump Train rides through Ely

Submitted by admin on Sun, 11/13/2016 - 11:37

This week’s headline atop the front page - An election night for the ages - speaks volumes.
Shock waves continue to reverberate around the globe and throughout the United States in the midst of Donald Trump’s stunning victory in the presidential race.
It was a triumph that may know no match in American electoral history.
Indeed, even as the returns began pouring in on Tuesday night, and the raw vote total clearly signalled a Trump upset, many of the TV talking heads were rattling off talking points fueled by faulty pre-election poling as well as Election Day exit polls.
It was as if the pundits were trying to talk themselves into believing Clinton was heading toward a decisive win when the evidence clearly showed the opposite. They were expressing one narrative while the voters were delivering a thunderous and divergent message - one that took hours to recognize.
In many ways, the reaction by the television analysts was a microcosm of the entire race.
One side was tone deaf, while the other struck a chord that truly resonated with the voters.
Trump took a populist, anti-establishment message to the electorate and it was well received, particularly in rural areas across the nation.
The tremors of a Trump victory were felt even in traditionally true blue Minnesota and the northeastern part of the state.
Trump came within a whisker of becoming the first GOP nominee to win Minnesota in 44 years, and Iron Range precincts that often select Democratic presidential candidates by two-to-one margins instead flipped to Trump.
It was a red Trump wave across the extended Ely area, with the business mogul outpolling Democrat Hillary Clinton in Ely, Winton, Babbitt and Embarrass - all by comfortable margins.
Trump even eked out a seven-vote win in Morse Township and scored a seemingly incomprehensible win in HIbbing, where President Obama won by 30 points four years ago.
The question for Clinton and Democrats to ponder is how it could happen, but make no mistake, the seeds for a Trump win had been planted long ago.
There are two Americas, a

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2016 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Pukka Bundook Pukka Bundook wrote:

Shamu,
I don't know if you know the poem, "The Rose of Arundel"  It is an old poem, but by gum, (as they said back home), it has lots of very pertinent points in it!

I'm afraid not, I'm not a big poetry fan, my tastes are pretty much Ozimandias or limericks!
Embarrassed
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2016 at 8:33am
i guess i was raised wrong , somewhere my folks and teachers and even friends forgot to tell me that when you loose you are supposed to throw a tantrum and behave poorly , i also failed to learn that if you believed in your candidate you were to break the law and destroy other peoples property to prove how valid your point was in spite of the fact other failed to agree with you , 

after all these years im just now seeing how poorly i was raised , 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2016 at 8:40pm
Shamu,
I don't know if you know the poem, "The Rose of Arundel"  It is an old poem, but by gum, (as they said back home), it has lots of very pertinent points in it!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2016 at 9:45am
I'm trying desperately to "take the moral high ground" now the election is over, but the volume, width & nastiness of many of the posts from those I thought my friends aren't making it easy.
Censored
Its a done deal, lets pick up the pieces, move forward & start fixing this mess.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2016 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Its just foam on the brain at this point.

I was thinking a little lower down with a bad odor.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2016 at 12:19pm
Its just foam on the brain at this point.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2016 at 8:18am
It gets better and better: The Libtards were screaming Hillary won the popular vote but as we near the final  official count Trump is a head (again) by 500,000.  Of course there may some more votes from deceased voters in Chicago that could change the final numbers.
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2016 at 7:24am
The good news for our Canadian brethren is all the Libs that were rushing there have (as predicted) wussed out & are now saying they were only joking.
Buncha wimps, as Hoadie would say.
Censored

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2016 at 6:42am
I think this is going to be a very interesting time.
Trump is a hard person to like, but he has his buttons on and we can't say he's a failure.  :-)

Hilary and her mob would have been a disaster.  Although I'm in Canada I feel like you just missed the noose down there!
With Trump Not being a politician per se, this I believe will be very refreshing!  He will come at things from a different and maybe unconventional angle, and he has a hard analytical nature that hopefully will in part sweep away some of then beurocratic crap that threatens to drown us all.  (As in, if it is no use he will have no use for it.)  I say "YES!" to this. 
As Roy said in that post on page 2, he doesn't like Democrats Or Republicans!  :-)  So the status quo might get shook up.  I'm looking on with interest!
More than that, I am looking forward to seeing what transpires with some excitement....new trading relations with a freshly "Brexited" UK and all.  Very interesting times!!!
Zormpas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zormpas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

So, let me hypothesize a little.
The Granola State quits & becomes its own country.
All the liberals move to whatever CA is now called.

& we loose how?
Embarrassed

That would be "lose", and as a soon to be ex-California resident myself - I hope they do it. Just take New York and a couple of other Liberal he!! holes with you.

Whenever someone brings up the subject of Trump's victory, I just smile and say "Ding Dong!" (as in "... the wicked witch is dead!").

No more Clinton/Bush. Nobody wanted JEB, and nobody that mattered wanted Hillary. Good riddance to them both!
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 12:53pm
So, let me hypothesize a little.
The Granola State quits & becomes its own country.
All the liberals move to whatever CA is now called.

& we loose how?
Embarrassed

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 12:52pm
I think he "goes with his gut" a lot.
How well that will play when he does not have absolute control, which he has had with most of his projects, is going to get interesting.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 11:23am
YES!  There is a serious call for California to Secede from the Union.  It really does not get better than this!
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 6:54am
Originally posted by 98 Tiger 98 Tiger wrote:

I have a question for all interested. How many think Trump wanted to win and why?

Oh he wanted to win alright. He's wanted that for a long time & has turned his coat what? 5 times, in an attempt to get it.
Why?
I don't really know but I have  a guess.
Power, he has more money than he can ever spend, so whats left for someone with his ego, power, political power.
I've been saying all along I do not trust him. I knew Hillary Clinton was my enemy, she told me so & backed it up with action so I opposed her. He's an unpredictable unknown so I'm vary cautious as hes a wild card that may be for or against & time will tell.
Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic