Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting times for US politics!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No4Enfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 6:46pm
I'm the happiest I've been in 8 years!
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:23pm
Good on yer, Enfield!
A bloke on another forum from WV said that he only knew one person who voted for Clinton.
Declaring war on coal as Clinton did,  isn't going to get you many Brownie points in WV!!

"Snowflakes";
I like that!

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:36pm
ive held off - dont want to gloat , but ive felt it so for many months - you will see a new man from this point forward , he did what he needed to use and confuse the media that was intent on derailing him and obviously in the court of 'her' that lost , 

he did what he needed to win by having the right folks behind the lines that got him the electorals  he needed in spades , it marginalizes we the people but its always been so here , this is not new , 

"....I'm the happiest I've been in 8 years!...." 

me too and im not gloating , i know how important the next four are and how fragile the situation is but we do not need to fall to communism , not from within , and certainly not while we still have the votes 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 8:54pm
I feel the same A_square. Trump used the system and said the right things to his advantage. What people don't realize is he was saying the right things to get votes. His rhetoric will soften but he did speak to the common man and that showed in his winning.
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 3:55am
Well as they say, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating come January. I imagine that a lot of the more radical ideas that Trump has will morph into reasonable ones given the responsibilities he will have.

I think what many career politicians just haven't grasped is that one of the main worries of today's population (either side of the Atlantic) is the degrading of their way of life by immigrants who just don't embrace their views. I make no comment on the right or wrong of that, but the worry is certainly real, so a politician who addresses that fear that will do well. Hence one of the reasons for the Brexit vote and also the vote for Trump, both of which just weren't seen coming by the establishment.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 6:45am
This from Roy in the UK, on another forum;

Very well written and thought out ,BTW!!

To many of us in the UK it looked as though your election had originally been scripted as a polite contest between Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush, but that Donald Trump had then decided that he didn't want either of them as his President and so he gate-crashed the party.  He couldn't afford to be polite because he was taking on the Clinton Machine, the Democtatic Machine, the Republican Machine and the Media.  He also had the interesting but shocking tactic that when attacked he immediately counter attacked - when the Democrats ran the 2005 tape to try to create a sex scandal around him he responded by producing some of Bill Clinton's victims.  The UK media saw this as very bad form, but the little people saw it as simple self defense, and good luck to him.

For a while the UK media had some success in depicting Trump as both brash and dangerous, but then we noticed that any story to his disadvantage was run for day after day, while any story to Clinton's disadvantage was lucky to last from the morning to the afternoon.  Indeed, many stories about her never made the national media, for example the Veritas tape on how the Democratic Machine had been paying people to cause trouble at Trump's rallies so that his supporters could be tagged as violent.  Many of the anti-Trump stories were also misrepresentations of what he said.  As an example, he was/is very unhappy that while the US is spending almost 4% of GDP on defence only 2 NATO countries reach even 2% (the UK and Poland).  My reading of his position is that while he is willing for the US to help other NATO countries defend themselves he's not going to do it all for them if they don't make any effort.  In the UK this was reported as him wanting to abandon NATO.  He also seems to believe that it's not a good idea to keep poking Putin in the eye - deposing the Ukranian President to bring the Ukraine into the EU's orbit and smashing Syria to deprive Russia of its fleet base in the Mediterranian (and yes I know Syria is a lot more complicated, but from Putin's perspective Assad is his man).  In the UK this is reported as being soft on Russia, while at the same time Trump is supposed to be so confrontational that we're in danger from Word War III - we no longer expect any logical thinking from our media.

Throughout the election the UK media, and especially the BBC, campaigned relentlessly for Clinton.  Their problem was that once we'd detected the bias and outright lies we used the internet to find out what they were not reporting.  We used media sites such as Breitbart and commentators such as Scott Adams (who tried very hard to stay neutral).  The opinion polls were all predicting a Clinton win, but then we discovered from the internat that most of the polling companies were over-sampling Democrat voters, so we gave up on the polls, although the media still seemed to believe them.   

Talking on the range today it seems that many of us spent yesterday listening to the BBC and laughing at their overt demonstrations of grief that their candidate lost.  They are still at it today - there was an item on the radio this morning in which Trump was criticised for choosing supposedly poor advisers such a Giuliani and in the next breath criticised for not listening to his advisers.  

Those who James Delingpole characterises as "the w**kerati" (I refuse to call them the elite) are still in shock at the result, but for us little people it looks like you have the chance to rediscover government of the people, by the people, for the people - and stuff the oligarchs.

Apologies - this was going to be a short paragraph, but somehow it grew a bit.

P.S. if the Massachusetts State Legislature want readmission to the British Empire you're going to have learn how to pronounce "aluminium" - the second "i" isn't silent.

Last Edited By: Tacolneston . Edited 2 times.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 7:59am
I have (or probably had) many liberal friends.
The screaming, cursing, whining & threats & insults are incredible.
The fact is, there was an election, even with all the rigging they lost it. They find this shocking & unacceptable because, in their own words "We were owed it"!

I don't remember if I posted it here but I've had a "gun show loophole challenge" out for years & finally got a taker. I have repeatedly told him he'll get into trouble & he did. Now, because I didn't lie to him & he "knew" the elusive loophole would pop up at the 11th hour & save him he's been convicted of a "class B felony".
He's STILL certain some miracle will save him but I'm his "Benedict Arnold"  & he's going absolutely ballistic about it.
Ouch
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 4:50pm
in my mind trump used the media - they were so obviously biased they forgat he had vast experience promoting himself - he used the rehtoric to leverage the free press - hilary had to pay for it , 

he had people behind the scenes [as did she] working out the logistics of the win , he had better people , 

he no longer needs to use the press they will be needing his cooperation to cover him , he will have great people around him and i would put little stock in what the media is throwing around the last few days - they have no clue , 

he has not succeeded in life by being ignorant - he is smart like a fox and knows how to neggotiate position and how the deal works , 

he is being underestimated as reagan was , obama was supposed to be so smart - i never saw it 
No4Enfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No4Enfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 5:44pm
Just goes to show the rapid leftist shift of the last 8 years had gotten under peoples collars. The lies, broken promises of harmony etc, so the working man said enough! I'm just glad to see Obamas end, and no Hillary! Its better for our economy, our kids,mour servicemen and our rights, not perfect, but better. For the time being I can breathe again, like a huge weight was removed.

We will see if it lasts, but I'm somewhat optimistic
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 7:46pm
me too - he is NOT a professional politician , he does know a good deal when he sees one and he gets things done , we shall see , but im also optimistic 

our local results do not reflect the overall state results but they do represent the majority of the state outside the twin cities - 

Sixth Congressional District
Donald Trump: 58.44 percent
Hillary Clinton: 32.99 percent

Benton County
Donald Trump: 64.17 percent
Hillary Clinton: 28.12 percent

Stearns County 
Donald Trump: 59.83 percent
Hillary Clinton: 32.13 percent

Sherburne County
Donald Trump: 64.30 percent
Hillary Clinton: 27.54 percent

im in stearns county [west side of the mississippi river] but the other two come together all within the city limits of this community [on the east side of the river] 

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 6:54am
Originally posted by 98 Tiger 98 Tiger wrote:

I have a question for all interested. How many think Trump wanted to win and why?

Oh he wanted to win alright. He's wanted that for a long time & has turned his coat what? 5 times, in an attempt to get it.
Why?
I don't really know but I have  a guess.
Power, he has more money than he can ever spend, so whats left for someone with his ego, power, political power.
I've been saying all along I do not trust him. I knew Hillary Clinton was my enemy, she told me so & backed it up with action so I opposed her. He's an unpredictable unknown so I'm vary cautious as hes a wild card that may be for or against & time will tell.
Wink
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 11:23am
YES!  There is a serious call for California to Secede from the Union.  It really does not get better than this!
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 12:52pm
I think he "goes with his gut" a lot.
How well that will play when he does not have absolute control, which he has had with most of his projects, is going to get interesting.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 12:53pm
So, let me hypothesize a little.
The Granola State quits & becomes its own country.
All the liberals move to whatever CA is now called.

& we loose how?
Embarrassed

Zormpas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zormpas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

So, let me hypothesize a little.
The Granola State quits & becomes its own country.
All the liberals move to whatever CA is now called.

& we loose how?
Embarrassed

That would be "lose", and as a soon to be ex-California resident myself - I hope they do it. Just take New York and a couple of other Liberal he!! holes with you.

Whenever someone brings up the subject of Trump's victory, I just smile and say "Ding Dong!" (as in "... the wicked witch is dead!").

No more Clinton/Bush. Nobody wanted JEB, and nobody that mattered wanted Hillary. Good riddance to them both!
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2016 at 6:42am
I think this is going to be a very interesting time.
Trump is a hard person to like, but he has his buttons on and we can't say he's a failure.  :-)

Hilary and her mob would have been a disaster.  Although I'm in Canada I feel like you just missed the noose down there!
With Trump Not being a politician per se, this I believe will be very refreshing!  He will come at things from a different and maybe unconventional angle, and he has a hard analytical nature that hopefully will in part sweep away some of then beurocratic crap that threatens to drown us all.  (As in, if it is no use he will have no use for it.)  I say "YES!" to this. 
As Roy said in that post on page 2, he doesn't like Democrats Or Republicans!  :-)  So the status quo might get shook up.  I'm looking on with interest!
More than that, I am looking forward to seeing what transpires with some excitement....new trading relations with a freshly "Brexited" UK and all.  Very interesting times!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic