Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is everyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is everyone?
    Posted: November 29 2016 at 8:20am
?
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 9:19am
Sleeping off "Indulge till you bulge" day?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 10:57am
Yup..bin awful quite
Loose wimmen tightened here
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 12:01pm
I'm always around here. Been busy building Enfield projects.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 1:40pm
Busy cleaning the Enfield Rifle No.4 Mk2 to put away for the winter.  It does not like freezing cold and snow. Was out last week comparing flat base and boat tails at 200yds.  Boat tails won.
Tomorrow is probably last trip, but taking the 1903A3 and M1 Garand.
No offence meant to the Enfield because I love it. 
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 1:50pm
What happens to it in the cold?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 2:01pm
My buddy has a Garand and he reloads for it. I get to shoot it a few times a year at the range, they are great rifles and so much fun to shoot! Kick like a mule too!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 2:44pm
I had a 1903A3..It was in cherry nick...& I hated it!!
Took it out to range 2X. Both times it damn near took me shoulder off. Sold it back Stateside (for a loss).
Had a garand, as well. Sold that back to the U.S.Army in Buffalo(Rgt Sgt Maj Victor Nestel took delivery @ Conneticut St Armoury).
I didn't find it kicked all that much, but it was heavy, & difficult to keep on target.
Enfields have always been good to me
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 7:01pm
Shamu.  It's really the shooter guy that gets cold, the Enfield story was a ruse.

Hoadie. My Enfield is the softest shooter.  Everyone remarks on that.  But, I have been shooting 06 for a very long time and don't have a problem.
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

What happens to it in the cold?

It shivers like the rest of us.Wink
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2016 at 5:27am
My old Maltby keeps looking at me and whining at the door, wanting to be out! Not had time. Stuff seems to be trying to keep me busy all the time!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2016 at 5:36am
Ah yes, I HATE the cold.
Best time of my life was working in the Caribbean. Guayabera shirt, shorts & flip-flops for Christmas on a sailboat!
Clap
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guayabera
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2016 at 8:44am
It is the 70's today in North Carolina today.

Hunting sucks and bears are eating all the bait.

Deer are just laying back and chilling.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2016 at 11:09am
Bin 70 here today as well. In fact..haven't been able to keep the beer outside all week..its bin 2 warm.

Started to rain a bit now, & temp is dropping. Supposed to stay un-seasonally warm, tho.

Everytime - EVERYTIME - it started to snow while Rhino was here, he would go outside & it stop immediately. (Ask him if its true).

He has some strange kinda power over the weather
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2016 at 12:25pm
Forecast for next week in southern British Columbia is freezing temperatures and SNOW. Where I live we are looking at a potential of 14 inches of snow in just one day. I'm ready, bring it on.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2016 at 12:58pm
They are doing some construction work at the range and different parts are being periodically shut down.
Shooting will be limited for me for the next few months.  Nothing to report
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic