Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1917 modifyed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 3:33pm
you are welcome , we all try hard to be helpful with what we know , folks that ask give us an excuse to share what we have to offer , stay with us - enjoy 
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 1:10pm
Cant wait to get my parts back from blueing next week. Realy wondering about getting a optic on it. But l would never do any drilling to it. Any suggestions for making this possible guis?
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 6:37am

Is this a scoope mount you experts recomend? Its a lot of different mounts out there. Should it be ordeted whit there scooperings or by them later when I know which optic I will use?
Erik
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 6:45am

Is this realy a mklll? Dosent looks like mine
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 7:28am
What you posted there is the mount for the M1917 and Pattern 1914 rifles. What you are wanting is what they label on their site as being for the #1 Mk III Lee.
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 7:56am
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 7:57am
Got a new picture. This is more like it
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 8:01am
Is that ND/NT?
It looks like the front end has to be bolted to the receiver ring?
Confused

Funny! I went to the S&K site & they claim it's a ND/NT Instamount! Anyone here have one for a SMLE?
I have the one for the No4 & No5, I also got the S&K ring type not the Weaver, because they allow the scope to be mounted lower down, important with the L-E stock drop. But it mounts differently because the rear sight is positioned differently. It is a very nice mount though I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a mount that doesn't require modifying the original action at all.
Thumbs Up

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 9:18am
Still confused
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 9:20am

Just got it home again, reasambling next week
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 9:37am
Very very NICE!!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 9:40am
Well Shamu, hopefuĺly you just got one like yours in stock, so l can continue with the rifle asambling . This scope truble makes me sleepless
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 10:18am
It seams that the no 4 & 5 scoop mount is totaly different from smle mount. Smle mount makes the optics wery far from the rifle, and this cannot be recomended for a optimal solution.
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 12:24pm

Am probebly realy stupid or my understanding in english are fading out
If I like to attaching a Zeiss 30mm optic on my rifle using their mount, what do they realy saying here???
Norwegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norwegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 1:07pm

Got one like this on my Tikka, would this optic fit the S&M mount??
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 1:35pm
OK, you have a No1 Mk3 also known as a SMLE.
Yes, they are completely different because of the differences in the NO1 & No4 rifles. The No4 fits the peep sight mounting, which does not exist on the No1 with its barrel-mounted sight.

The S&K (vertical split) rings are as low as you can get. But you'll still need a cheekpiece riser. You cant get too much lower because you have to leave room to operate the bolt & to low you'd smash your thumb into the scope every time.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
  Share Topic