Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paris attack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2017 at 9:48am
I'm with you on that one A Sq! People seem to head to trouble spots to do "humanitarian" work. Well, I don't have any sympathy for them either. They get trapped there, then scream for their gov't to help 'em out.
I say"Your bed..you lie in it!"
I dunno what would be so hard to figger..this twerp has been trying to give the world hotfoot ever since he got control. Now the shootin is gonna start.That scares me..China moved 150,000 men to the N Koren border, & the Russians are building up massive amounts of armour & men on their border as well...but for WHO's benefit?? Are they gonna support the twerp, or band with him?
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2017 at 8:21pm
now there are three , idiots 

i see the paris police have arrested two now on that attack - im in for instant execution but im old and cranky , dont tolerate those that break the law well as i feel they abandon all rights when they make the decision to do the crime 
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 1:52am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

now there are three , idiots 

i see the paris police have arrested two now on that attack - im in for instant execution but im old and cranky , dont tolerate those that break the law well as i feel they abandon all rights when they make the decision to do the crime 

That is nice and simple BUT open to abuse.
There needs to be a legal process. When that is over, providing the defendants are found guilty then it is time for reprisal,  sorry, justice.
Back to the pigskin body bags or hard labour on a pig farm.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 7:18pm
i do not disagree with your justice comment , i said i was old and cranky these days , 

the point i was trying to make is that im not willing to lump these terrorists in with the common criminal , i think you do a disservice to those who are criminals , i think common criminals would generally elect a different path if offered or available , i think terrorists are a different animal altogether - i will never cut them a break or even consider them a common criminal , and thats me being brutally honest , no quarter - a dead terrorist is a good terrorist if we must have such , no terrorists is the goal - my take is to kill them all and rid humanity of this scourge , 

so as an old and cranky curmudgeon , if you commit a random crime im inclined to you getting justice , if you plan a terrorist act to kill random innocent people im all for execution on the spot - you gave up your humanity and i see nothing redeemable in your living , 

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 7:30pm
had to come back to this as i had a moment of pause - not retracting a word here tho , 

lets be clear , i have no issue with the terrorists thought , they have a right in my society to think as they choose , AND I WOULD DEFEND THAT RIGHT ,  i dont have to agree , 

my issue is that they act in a way that hurts innocents with no regard to anyone or anything , they contribute nothing to society , there is absolutely nothing in their life that contributes to society in any way - even their actions take away rather than add a single thing of value - they have no value , 

i will get off my soapbox , i am armed and will not be a victim of the senseless lunacy of terrorism if i have a choice , 
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 3:54am
Like the IRA?
They committed the same sort of terrorism in streets bars and other public places. We put them on trial when caught. Would you have executed them out of hand?
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 4:20am
Don't think the IRA fit in with the Jihadi type of terrorist's.
 They were after all trying to free part of the country that was taken from them. I totally diasgree with there violent method's, but there is understanding of why the movement existed; in the same way the the French Resistance were branded terrorists by the German occupiers.
I'm sure if the UK had been invaded and ruled by the German's, every red blooded English man would have resisted until they were overthrown. Would you think yourself a terrorist or freedom fighter? It's all a question of who's side your on.
But the Jihadi ideal is to rid the world of everyone but themselves; that is not what I would call a political agenda and it is not one that will be settled by talk's such as in the case of Northern Ireland.
Europe should reintroduce the death penalty for terrorism.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 6:42am
Stanforth,

Yes, I think they should have been  given the chop for the murders they committed. 
Not speaking as an outsider as I was still in the UK when this was going on.   :-)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 8:33am
"Would you have executed them out of hand?"
If caught red handed then absolutely YES!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 8:37am
What about the 'Birmingham 3'? They were arrested, tried, found guilty and imprisoned.
Many years later they were released due to new evidence. You can't do that with someone you have executed.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

"Would you have executed them out of hand?"
If caught red handed then absolutely YES!

Say "HI" to God for me.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Stanforth Stanforth wrote:

What about the 'Birmingham 3'? They were arrested, tried, found guilty and imprisoned.
Many years later they were released due to new evidence. You can't do that with someone you have executed.
Agreed that back in the day there were some pretty poor investigations; the pressure obviously being on to get a "result".
I think today we have more tools in the forensic's box to ensure a better deal for those who are not guilty. However it is probable that a few innocents will always get caught out when there is a major terrorist campaign going on and Police services are stretched. That may be the cost of security for the masses!

Anyone caught red handed such as those who killed Lee Rigby should be shot on site by Police. Why waste the publicity and cost of a trial when they are hacking a man to bit's in the street!
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 12:33pm
The problem with all the above arguments is that we try to justify terrorism if the cause is just. WRONG!!

Let's take Northern Ireland as an example. Actually, there is and was a significant majority of people there that want to remain as part of the UK. But there was a significant minority who wanted to be independent. So, in an attempt to achieve what they could not through the ballot box, they turned to violence. By the same token, loyalists turned to violence to achieve their ends, or thwart the aims of those wanting to break from the UK. Which side were right and therefore used violence legitimately? NONE!

As A square 10 says, to believe that Ireland should be free or not, or indeed that only (certain types of) Muslims should walk the earth is, in itself no crime. But to engage in acts of terrorism to achieve that is fundamentally WRONG!

As for summary execution, that's not right, but it seems that most of these brainless terrorists seem to just keep going, even when faced with a choice, so have to be shot anyway. Fair enough say I and in those circumstances, I am pleased to note that the poor officers who have to do that don't seem to be facing prolonged investigations.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Stanforth Stanforth wrote:

I guess you missed the bit in my post about being "caught red handed", it was there for a reason.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 3:47pm
i will go on record on terrorists as to wanting to know of guilt before dealing justice , those in the act are not innocent , and we all know there are many in the act , 

in the case of the IRA it always looked to me that implementation of alternative means was needed - i truly was not well enough informed about the arguments on either side , 

...but i would only consider tactics of an underground army against the enemy forces to be that of a 'freedom fighter' , i never had any respect for the clandestine attacks focused specifically on the innocent non-combatant , i consider that terrorism , 

i understand the next argument will be that war affects the civilian populations , yes , no argument on my side here , its different if the attack is on military forces/targets and civilians happen to be there , 

at any rate i think we all fully understand the point 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 11:35am
With all due respect Pedro; I suggest you read up on your Irish history. It is actually very interesting!
The fact is that anywhere a native population has been suppressed or evicted from their homes there will be trouble. Just look at Palestine/Israel; what a mess. 
It is a sad fact of human nature.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic