Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Me and my No 4 MK 1: resto begins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2017 at 6:50pm
Nice to a difference between the isapore and a enfield. Lol
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2018 at 9:59am
Nice rifle! Reminds me of the Enfield sniper when they switched to 7.62.
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2018 at 4:41pm
Oh the action i got is a Faz with a Z25521A. Anyone know a someone good with faz markings? Id like to know more about the action i got. I can Faintly make out ROF and 43 below that and both above the serial.
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 10:35am
Ok finally got the parts of my Maltby on to my Faz. I just need to get the forestock and small parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 1:04pm
Theres a guy on line with what he claims to be a Savage made No 4 T. (Starguns.co.uk) methinks. He wants 12,000 Blighty bucks.

You can see the Savage "S" on it. Skinnerton said - iirc - that Savage didn't make any T models. This guy puts quite a story with it. (buy the rifle, not the story).
Can someone check this out & comment? I chose not to get into a heated exchange over this @ the Legion.
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 1:27pm
I'm assuming 12000 blighty bucks is not the same as Canadian bucks?
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 1:41pm
Around twice the value of the Canuck buck, Honkytonk.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Theres a guy on line with what he claims to be a Savage made No 4 T. (Starguns.co.uk) methinks. He wants 12,000 Blighty bucks.

You can see the Savage "S" on it. Skinnerton said - iirc - that Savage didn't make any T models. This guy puts quite a story with it. (buy the rifle, not the story).
Can someone check this out & comment? I chose not to get into a heated exchange over this @ the Legion.

MJ11 has a few Savage No4 Mk1 T rifles. You might ask him if Skennerton might be wrong on that.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 2:56pm
I read the article. The problem with his story is that he states it sat in that Transit Chest since the war but,it has the England import mark stamped into the butt socket.
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 3:02pm
Wow thats expensive. Still havent found out much on my Faz no4 mk1.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 4:33pm
Atta boy Goosic! And somehow I can't see Skinnerton being wrong on this..& if it DID happen the way the guy said it did - methinks Skinnerton would have said so
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 5:08pm
Something else I noticed in that guy's photo.
It doesn't have it's original Savage magazine either.
I do like how he's saying it's super rare and,the only one known in existence to his knowledge.
Not cool on his part to attempt to sucker someone into buying it based off of his story.
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 6:12pm
Anyone know a place to get a good no4 mk1 fore stock? Liberty tree has em but im worried about the quality.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by maxpayne maxpayne wrote:

Anyone know a place to get a good no4 mk1 fore stock? Liberty tree has em but im worried about the quality.

There is a guy on eBay selling unissued stocks. He's pricey but I've bought one from him and it's nice wood...
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 5:02am
Cool ill check them out. Most places i look there is no in between. Its either really high or almost rotting lol.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 5:24am

This is the guy...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic