Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Me and my No 4 MK 1: resto begins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 6:04am
Thanks i just seen those. I bet those are nice. Thats the most expensive part i need for my resto that and head space gauges. Thats the only other hurdle i got is i dont know if i have the right head. The head i got with my bolt i believe is a #2.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 6:55pm
group buy ? 
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 7:00pm
$250 is way too high for me. Im gonna try Liberty tree collectors first.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

group buy ? 

I'd definitely do that...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by maxpayne maxpayne wrote:

Thanks i just seen those. I bet those are nice. Thats the most expensive part i need for my resto that and head space gauges. Thats the only other hurdle i got is i dont know if i have the right head. The head i got with my bolt i believe is a #2.

Buy a Forester Field gauge. It's set at .070. Buy a set of feeler gauges and use the .004 gauge between the bolt head and field gauge,making sure to remove the extractor first. This will give you the necessary.074 you'll need for a NO GO gauge.
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 7:43pm
Super thanks. Thats the gauges i was going with. My bolt head is stripped anyway. I got another question. Is the front band screw different or the same as another screw on the gun? I cant find one any where.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 9:07am
IIRC its the same as a sling swivel screw.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 9:09am
Thanks. I still couldnt find that one but i found a uk screw site
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 9:15am
Maxpayne.
Go online to Numrich Gun Parts and get the screws there.
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 9:23am
Their out of stock on both front and rear swivel screws at least for the No4 MK1.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 9:46am
Liberty tree collectors?

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 11:11am
Didnt see em there either. Im getting most of my parts from ssporters and even they dont have em. I seen some on ebay but $15 is too pricey for one screw.
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 11:48am
Supply and demand drives up prices.

Yes, $15 for one screw is a lot of money, I agree. But how much shop time would it take to make one yourself if you had the gear to do it?
I buy original screws for 120 year old rifles, I of course prefer original to repro. Sometimes I just have to grit my teeth, grip my ankles and pay through the nose to get the right stuff.

You need the right screw to do the job properly. Some rifles can have considerable value. It would not phase me to spend twenty bucks on parts for a small repair if it made the rifle good again. 
A complete set of new old stock screws will run me just over a hundred bucks. It wont increase value that much, but to me it is worth it not to have to look at those awful chewed up screw slots.

Reminds me of the story about a chap who went to the scrap yard to by a door for his Mini.

"Do you have any Mini driver's doors and how much are they?" the chap asked the owner of the scrapyard.

"Yes we do. One hundred pounds" answered the scrap man.

"A hundred pounds!" complained the chap  "But they are only fifty pounds for the same thing at the scrap yard across the street." .

"So why don't you buy one across the street?" asked the scrap man.

"Because they are out of stock and don't have any" said the chap.

"Well then in that case", announced the scrap man, "when we don't have any, our doors are only twenty five pounds." 

"Great" said the chap, "I will come back when you have none" 

Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 12:31pm
I agree. Id like to find repo's but they just dont exist. I found out the thread size and found a uk screw sight just need the length. They sell em for $2.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 1:45pm
BRP guns?

maxpayne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 1:53pm
None there either. Numrich list both but out of stocks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic