Parker Hale 8/53 rear sight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parker Hale 8/53 rear sight
    Posted: June 13 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Eddie Parks Eddie Parks wrote:

Absolutely, but the scale on a No9 is different anyway.

Yup.
I have one of those "sniper" windage adjustable sights for the No4 (as long as you don't mind drilling & reaming the mount), It has the range indexes for .303 on the back, (blued to make them less visible). .22 RF on the left side (blue removed to make it more visible) & then, as I want using it on a L-E anyway, a third set for .50 PRB in my Hawken Carbine, on the right side.Confused

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 12:43pm
It's true that prices seem high; but you will not lose money on a AG Parker or Parker Hale sight. especially when it fit's a Lee Enfield!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Eddie Parks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Parks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 5:55am
Absolutely, but the scale on a No9 is different anyway.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 5:53am
The windage adjustment is nice, but its vertically offset by (IIRC 20 minutes) so the scale wont be correct.
The P-H sights have become collectable, which is why the prices are so high.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Parks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 4:25am
Thanks, some very high prices though!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 4:23am
Try richard Storke at Devizes Gunsmith's. He has a lot of special Enfield stuff. The website is good.
However they are always too busy to answer the phone. So e-mail and expect to wait for a reply. Took me a couple of e-mails to buy a sight base from them; but as they were the only place I found one, had to insist a bit before getting a reply. Having said that; once I got a reply the deal was done and I'm happy with the transaction.
But you know how it is; when you find a piece of rocking horse sh*t for sale you don't want anyone else to get there first!Wink
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Parks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2017 at 8:22am
Hi Guys
Has anybody any experience of using a PH 8/53 sight on a LE No4?? Any comments?? Any idea where I might find one?
Eddie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic