Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from Perth, Scotland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbonney88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from Perth, Scotland
    Posted: August 24 2017 at 6:03am
Hi all,

Owned a few Enfields for a few years now - Deacs only at the mo though..

Anyway - I have 2 SMLE's currently and I have a P14 that I am rebuilding..

I am looking for a good stock for the P14 at the moment.. so if anyone knows of any going spare please let me know..

Kevin :)
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2017 at 7:26pm
Welcome Kevin!

Hope you get a shooter soon.  :-)

Bonny part of the world, where you live.   Used to go up there for holidays when we lived in Yorkshire.
Been in Canada 33 years now. Never been home yet!

Richard.
kbonney88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbonney88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 5:06am
Hi Richard,

I hope to get a shooter once I have a new house..

and yep - Scotland is a lovely place... I am from Lancashire originally.. work brought me up here..

Regarding yorkshire - i love the place.. I am off to a living history event in Oct - to Pickering.. can't wait.. 

I have to say I do like Canada too.. I visited Halifax when I was in the Navy.. lovely..

:)

Kev
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 7:44am
SCOTLAND!!?? Isn't that the place that only grows rocks & sheep??
Loose wimmen tightened here
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 7:47am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

SCOTLAND!!?? Isn't that the place that only grows rocks & sheep??

And Scotch, fit for the Gods!

Next let's move on to women.

My Wife is Scottish.

She can handle a Enfield with a SMLE!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
kbonney88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbonney88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 7:49am
yep - Scotland..

and guess what?? its absolutely throwing it down with rain at the mo.. :(
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 9:38am
Welcome aboard, as you can see we're not always dead serious & sometimes we forget to take our meds.
hoadie:
You're thinking of Wales, mate.
"If you can see the hills across the valley, it's going to rain, If you can't its already raining"!
Scotland has Scotch (natch) & don't forget the wily wild haggis.Confused
https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4556_f1024.jpg

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

hoadie:
You're thinking of Wales, mate.
"If you can see the hills across the valley, it's going to rain, If you can't its already raining"!
Scotland has Scotch (natch) & don't forget the wily wild haggis.Confused

Haggis!

Yum!

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
kbonney88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbonney88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 12:52pm
cool.. I will keep my eyes open.. :)
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2017 at 6:22am
Kevin,

That living history event, Is it at Rydale folk museum?  We lived over near Scarborough, so only 20 mins away.
What sort of living history doings is it?
Here on the farm, we have  a half-built Iron -Age round -house.  Sadly it's been that way a few years now!  Never get time to get at it.
I dug up an ancient, (well, 1923 or so) McCormick -Deering binder, and restored it. All new wood and such, so I could cut some wheat for thatching the round -house.
Old binder works a treat, but TIME isn't my friend....Could cry when I think of all the stuff I want to get done...
kbonney88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbonney88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2017 at 9:58am
I know what you mean Richard.. I have a few hobbies and dont get time for them.. so lots of stuff on hold at the moment too..
and the Living History event is in Pickering itself - Its a 1940's weekend.. 

I went a couple of years ago - was fab..

I am doing 1940's Royal Navy.. as I was in the navy.. so just got to adapt my uniform.. :)

Kev
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2017 at 2:49pm
he!!o and welcome to the forum!

I have some Scots ancestry on my Mother's side  they were Montgomerys.

Boyd's on this side of the pond at one time made a reproduction M1917 (P17) stock that can be adapted

Originals do appear from time to time. 

Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
kbonney88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbonney88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2017 at 12:20am
thanks and I will check Boyds out and send them an email.. see what they say.. :)

Kev
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2017 at 5:43am
Boyds make nice stocks, I have on on my No5. But be warned their customer service is a bit dodgy.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2017 at 11:57am
Dang!! here I was thinking it was at Pickering, ONTARIO!! We used to do re-enact events @ Pickering Pioneer Museum years back..thot maybe they was bringin 'em back.
Bemore specific next time, you lot! Getting folks all excited fer nothing...

(Course, I'd sacrifice a lot to meet the chic in front of the mic in the ad! )
Loose wimmen tightened here
kbonney88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbonney88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2017 at 12:05am
lol.. sorry George.... 

anyway - just to rub it in further I will post some pics after the event. 

Wink  Big smile

Kev
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic