Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Savage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Savage
    Posted: September 19 2017 at 4:00pm
I bought this from a guy that had butchered the forestock and cut an inch off the butt stock to add a slip on recoil pad. It physically hurt to hold it like that. It had a L flip sight and the front sight protector was missing too. The barrel is the two groove with only the flaming bomb stamp and the same serial number as is on the butt socket. Other then the markings on the left side, including the U.S. Property mark,there's no other stamps. The bolt has a square S on it and that's it. I went through all my spare parts and found all Savage parts to put back on it. I located a complete unissued Savage furniture set with a small butt stock. The only non Savage parts are the kick leg safety and the Parker Hale front trigger guard screw. The steel butt pad is Savage as well. Put a brass oiler in it along with a pull through. I have a Savage bayonet for it.
It has been properly rebedded. All is as it should be.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2017 at 4:11pm
I'm liking this rifle! Nice resto!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2017 at 7:45pm
that turned out really nice , it is a fine example that you did a right fine job of bringing back to its rightful place in history , congrats 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2017 at 10:34pm
Thank you for the kind comments.
rangergord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangergord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2017 at 5:22pm
Nice rifle, it's pretty cool to convert a sporterzied milsurp back to original configuration.  
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2017 at 7:20pm
Well done !

Love the Savage rifles.

I have a 12C and a 15C from 1942.

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2017 at 8:19pm
Mine is a 15C from 42' as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic