Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TGIF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TGIF
    Posted: October 06 2017 at 9:37am
1944 Lithgow

..........Wink........
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 9:48am
I have to say, after all these years of seeing worn Enfields it seems strange to see one so nice. It's like it's a little off. In any event, beautiful rifle there!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 9:53am
Is that one of the Jovino's? Its the only thing I've seen before that looks that good in a SMLE.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 10:57am
1929 BSA with later wood and new barrel.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 11:20am
Zed, is that the one you got from EFD Rifles?
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 11:39am
Yes that is correct Bear. I had to take it back for the barrel change because it was rusted and worn at the muzzle. It took a lot of work to get it to shoot properly. Started out around 10 or 12 MOA with the original barrel and the ill fitting wood. It's now down to 2 MOA. Which I'm happy with.

Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 11:44am
Yeah, I remember all the issues you had with to get it shooting good. Took quite a while. At least it turned out good in the end.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 11:52am
I also got the No4 Mk1/2 from EFD and that was great from day one; which is why I went back to them for the No1. To be honest, I've learnt so much from doing this rifle that's probably better than if it had been perfect out of the box. If you get what I mean!
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 1:25pm
Zed sometimes a little sweat pays great dividends in the end.

By the ser. # the '44 was one of the Lithgow completed imports and un-fired with a new un-issued bayonet.

I will just keep it that way and hang it up and look at it once a year, I have an nice BSA #1 to shoot.

Everyone have a safe weekend.

terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 1:51pm
I agree!  Some rifles are too good to shoot. I imported this Lithgow from Australia in 1972 and have never fired it.

Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 1:58pm
Om my gosh! Wow!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 3:03pm
Very nice Terry
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2017 at 12:31am
It must be difficult not to put at least one charger full down the tube! Very nice rifles Gent's.
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2017 at 12:54am
Zed, It all depends upon one's priorities, collecting or shooting and whether there are other rifles to use.
spentprimer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spentprimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2017 at 4:56am
You fellas have some beautiful rifles!  My old Ishapore built during the transitional government years is a bit beat up.  When I got it I could not see through the barrel, the stock looked like a kid learned how to use a ball peen hammer on the stock.   And when shot the bolt handle would move up all the way, something I was told was impossible.  After a dozen or so pages on another forum and a few photos and videos recorded by my friend Scott, I fit  new bolt body to it.  I now have an accurate No.1 Mk.3* that still shoots good and resembles the Enfields from the old war movies I watched 60 years ago.  Oh, it is 5 years older than I am.

You fellas really have some nice looking rifles!  Thanks for posting the photos for us to see.👍👍
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2017 at 10:03pm
fine looking lithgow and superb accoutraments to be sure , ive not got anything in quite that condition , but , if i did id hope it to be the lithgow as i do have those apropriatly marked added bits in hand already , 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic