Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1944 ENFIELD NO4 MK1(T)SNIPER RIFLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theodore711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1944 ENFIELD NO4 MK1(T)SNIPER RIFLE
    Posted: November 02 2017 at 4:38pm
I AM NEW AT THIS,SO BARE WITH ME.I HAVE A SPORTERIZED NO4 MK1 M47C.IT IS A SNIPER RIFLE IT HAS ALL THE CORRECT MARKING, THE SCOPE AND STOCK # MATCH THE MOUNTS ARE REPO.THEIR IS SERIAL NUMBERS ON RIST, BAND BARREL,BOLT AND STOCK ALL MATCH B346XX DID THEY MAKE A SPORTERIZED VERSION OF THIS RIFLE,THEY SAID THEY ]I HOPE YOU GOT THE PICTURES
Ted S
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2017 at 4:04am
They did not make a sporterised version of any of the No4 rifles.
But many were modified by civilian gunsmith's after they were sold by the military.
If it is an original No4 Mk1 T; it would be worth getting it back to original military specification.
They are very collectaible and are already very expensive. However value of the originals means that there are also fake ones around; made up from standard No4 Mk1's.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2017 at 4:59pm
as you are new - please do not use caps - it sugests you are shouting on the forums , but no worries , we here are hard of hearing due to age , 

would love to see your photos , that will tell a lot of what ypou are asking and better allow us to evaluate the possibilities of restoring your rifle to her original glory [if that is your intent] if not , no worries , we can work with that as well , we have all sorts here - all welcome to participate 
welcome to you , 
theodore711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theodore711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 4:39am
ted.stava@yahoo.comI am still having problems posting picture I think I got some.The problem is the barrel is cut in front of front sight
Ted S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theodore711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 4:45am
I was hoping it was modified it has all kind of marking on the barrel
Ted S
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 8:47am
whats the actual barrel length?

I can't see properly..but it looks like the barrel has been cut. If it has..its a shame, cuz that would be a beaut!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 9:53am
Hoadie, it does appear the barrel has had it's bayonet lug/barrel extension cut off.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 9:57am
OP....we need many more photos especially the left wrist side near the butt/fore end area as well as the left receiver wall to help determine if that is indeed a sniper rifle. Is there an S51 stamped on the butt under the area where the butt fits into the socket?
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theodore711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 10:55am
I wish I could get all the pictures having problems,it has all correct marking
Ted S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theodore711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 11:39am
It has all the right marking.
Ted S
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 2:00pm
Any possibility that it is a L42A1.
Does it take the .303 rounds or .308 NATO rounds.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theodore711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 3:13pm
no 303
Ted S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theodore711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 3:22pm
This gun was built in 1944 serial#b346xx could any body tell me what month it was made
Ted S
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 5:06pm
L42 ? Not with that scope and barrel profile. Sorry Wink

Still not a bad set.
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 5:25pm
i think we need more closeups - in the end it has been sported i think and all original bits would make it a candidate for refurb , we like what we see but we are not certain what we are seeing without the needed photos , these are a specific item with much more credibility when verified , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2017 at 5:30pm
I have an action wrench,barrel vise,and one VG Savage barrel. Wanna send it to me to keep and refurbish?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic