Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

so i had an issue with my

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so i had an issue with my
    Posted: November 07 2017 at 8:12pm
cowboy handguns - i think i mentioned and if i did not - well , i had three go down , like a fool i tried to clean my stainless 5 1/2 [the first i ever owned] at camp the night before - i lost the cylinder bushing in the grass and i never found it - no worries my local gunsmith took care of me and it is back up and running , but it was out for my june match , 

then on the first stage one of my backups locked up - later the second , so needless to say i was miffed , i sold one of them off after having it fixed - i could never trust it again , the other has become my third backup now but i think it will be gone as well once i get past the separation anxiety , 

i immediately bought two new ruger new vaquero 5 1/2s to be my main guns , the only one that held true was my 4 3/4 new vaquero centennial which is now my go-to backup , my stainless is the other , 

but ....my issue is the ones ive given up were 4 3/4s so i was short on 5 1/2 holsters - i ordered one to match my sets from planet optics , came today and i cannot say enough about their service and the item is brand new but discounted about 30% vs factory order , i am totally pleased save the breakin and character acquiring use it needs to be a perfect match to my regular gear , it will get there ...... so i have two complete sets including leather , i am back in my comfort zone with gear that i believe in albeit a little poorer , happy - life is good ,
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2017 at 11:06am
When you say that the revolvers locked up, what does that mean? I am not well versed in revolvers.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2017 at 1:39pm
Basically jammed. If the trigger mechanism doesn't rotate the cylinder fully while cocking the hammer the whole shebang jams.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2017 at 5:36pm
pretty much that - no movement either way even with hammer assist , i had to pull the cylinder pins to even get them to move at all , the one i got rid of even fought me removing the ppin and the cylinder from the frame - a lot of extra time at the unloading table and a 'miss' counted for each live round in each revolver , that was all five in the gone gun , no it was not high primers it was mechanism jambs in clean , well maintained , handguns that have only just been broken in well , hardly a scratch or a wear mark even from the leather , they were my 'backups' after all , if someone is looking for one drop me a line - i still got that one left , 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic