Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Links
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian manual
    Posted: February 26 2007 at 1:39pm
The most up to date and recently produced technical manual for the Enfield is the Canadian Military manual. It was linked and available from other sights, but an individual with some commercial interests in it's use complained, and they were taken down. I am not aware that the Canadian government itself
complained, and would certainly not recommend that anyone blatantly ignore copyright laws as this firm in Italy appears to do:
http://www.euroarms.net/EFD/
Scroll down on the left where it says Manuali. There is also a no.1 manual to be found there.

If you haven't seen the site, this company recently purchased a huge lot of Enfields from the Italian Navy,  and are selling them. I don't think they have any North American distribution, however.

Ed
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 9:57pm
Italians? You mean the enfields have never been fired and only dropped once? Evil%20Smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 10:31pm
you mean gallipoli dont ya Tony?

it near kills me to say.
'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 3:42am
Any area of WW1 and WW2 mate. Their tanks had 1 forward and 5 reverse gears according to my old man who was a Desert Rat. 151 infantry brigade 50th Division.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 10:11am
Apparently right after losing WWII, the Italian navy had the good sense to buy up a bunch of the Enfields the English and Canadians were busily trying to get rid of....So... they were buying up the rifles that helped to win the war, and the Brits were busy trying to get rid of them?

Ed
Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 5:20am
Has anyone here in the States shot an email off to these fellas? It might be possible to organize some kind of an importation (limited numbers I bet) through Century or some other big time importer. I bet if they knew they had a pool of people willing to pay good money for a good rifle they would bite.......just wondering (seeing all those pallets of enfields is nuts, I just might use that picture for my computer wall paper!!)  Roo
Get some
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 6:18am
certaunly is a nice photo..i caould see my garage looking like that..pallets of them stacked to the roof.
'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 8:46am
They DO have distribution Stateside, folks.Many - I'd say 1/2 of the Civil war muskets sold Stateside, are Euroarms.They have a dealer network set up.
I do have some Sutlery contacts that deal with them.If ya want-I'll fwd some of the info to yas, & then ur on ur own, hows that?
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 9:18am
Sounds good to me H man. (by the looks of the store it seems like they might be one of those "antique" places with "antique" prices). You see these guys on gunbroker every now and then, they usually put something like a maltby, non matching, beaten up wood on and want 1K for it because it is an "antique" I just saw an ok russian sks listed for $750  Confused (mine is a fantastic yugo, paid $130 for it thanks......)
Get some
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 9:57am
Hoadie, let us know what you find out! I notice on the Italian site it has a list of suppliers for the 303, and there are no North American contacts..It list suppliers over here fothe replicas, though..
I know both Century and SOG are aware of these, you'd think they would be contacting them? I really want a 1916 BSA.
ED
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic