Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passing the torch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passing the torch
    Posted: January 09 2018 at 6:15am
My father died in '67. Military. Korean War vet. I was an army brat up till then. He left five rifles. When I became of age, I got two. A Cooey Model 39 single shot 22, and a Parker Hale No 4 Deluxe. Leather sling, bobbed barrel with Parker Hale front site, 5 shot mag, Redline recoil pad. As I have twin girls aged 30 who show no interest in guns, I'm giving the rifles two my nephew's today. The Enfield is going to an Afgan vet still in the military. He's thrilled to get Grampa's gun,even though he never had a chance to meet him. Sorry for being long winded.
Link View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Link Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2018 at 6:45am
To own anything of one's grandpa is an honor.  I'm sure your nephew's will appreciate the fine heirlooms.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2018 at 5:00pm
no need for a sorry here - i enjoyed your explanation , adds clarity to the action and the gift , 

i am a big fan of the cooey , they are fine 22 rifles 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic